Murray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Serving for the championship.

Sporting immortality.

Arise Lord Murray of Wimbledon.

He's still a whinging Scot (no disrespect to my Scottish pals :D) but no doubt after this he will be British and the English will still be talking about it 49 years later just like the 1966 world cup win. Only took 77 years for someone from the UK to win Wimbledon, ;)

I saw him yesterday with his fans acting like a real sh*t no time for people like that. Spoilt brat at best complete sh*t at worse.

All down to numerology according to the BBC:

• 77 years since the last British Men's Singles champion
  • Last British Ladies' Singles champion was in '77
  • Andy Murray wins on 7/7

he seemed quite good with his fans after he won

You have to feel really sorry for anyone who manages to hate a fellow human being with such a vengeance, especially when the person they're so abusive about has done nothing to harm them, any of their family or any of their friends. It's the sort of gutter talk that doesn't deserve to be on any forum, let alone one that most of us holds in high regard. Hopefully flanaia1 will now crawl back under the rock from whence he slimed out and leave this forum for those of us who possess a degree or more of respect for success founded on extreme effort.

You have to feel really sorry for anyone who manages to hate a fellow human being with such a vengeance, especially when the person they're so abusive about has done nothing to harm them, any of their family or any of their friends. It's the sort of gutter talk that doesn't deserve to be on any forum, let alone one that most of us holds in high regard. Hopefully flanaia1 will now crawl back under the rock from whence he slimed out and leave this forum for those of us who possess a degree or more of respect for success founded on extreme effort.

So I'm not entitled to my opinion then? If you think my posts are abusive report them :thumb:

Did I ever question his effort or success? no I didn't I'm talking about his personality (or lack of it) and how he treats people.

You want me to leave the forum then get up an e petition and I'll gladly go, I just don't suffer fools gladly so if that offends you then tough it's a hard world out there.

As for abuse I think the above is totally abusive and offensive and very personal and has been reported accordingly

So I'm not entitled to my opinion then? If you think my posts are abusive report them :thumb:

Did I ever question his effort or success? no I didn't I'm talking about his personality (or lack of it) and how he treats people.

You want me to leave the forum then get up an e petition and I'll gladly go, I just don't suffer fools gladly so if that offends you then tough it's a hard world out there.

As for abuse I think the above is totally abusive and offensive and very personal and has been reported accordingly
Good points well made.
I don't agree with your views on Murray but you have a right to express them without that kind of highly personal abuse from yet another internet warrior.

Flanaia1 you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and to express it on here but your venom towards Murray seems a bit extreme.
How many times have you actually met him and actually seen him interact with others to form such strong views ?

Well I dont feel sorry for flanaia1. His opinion is his opinion. knighterrant your last sentence in post #12 is not worthy of the forum I hold in high regard. And is therefore reported.

We do continue to enjoy knocking the successful in this nation dont we !
What happened to our sense of pride ?
77 years so what ? He won for us !

Of course you're entitled to an opinion, as we all are. It's just that that opinion would be better received if expressed in adult terms.

I gather from what you've said about Andy that you know him on a personal level, else why would you be able to say such things about him. I've only seen him on TV playing very many tennis matches, being interviewed countless times, or followed for documentaries. None of those viewings gave me any reason to hate him. Lots of comments in the gutter press and online have been as abusive as yours, but founded on no evidence that I've seen for myself.

No, I don't want you to leave the forum, I just want you to use it in an adult manner without resorting to low-level rhetoric.

I apologise for the offence that I have clearly caused you. It was an unnecessary lowering of my standards to your level. Sorry, it won't happen again.

Of course you're entitled to an opinion, as we all are. It's just that that opinion would be better received if expressed in adult terms.

I gather from what you've said about Andy that you know him on a personal level, else why would you be able to say such things about him. I've only seen him on TV playing very many tennis matches, being interviewed countless times, or followed for documentaries. None of those viewings gave me any reason to hate him. Lots of comments in the gutter press and online have been as abusive as yours, but founded on no evidence that I've seen for myself.

No, I don't want you to leave the forum, I just want you to use it in an adult manner without resorting to low-level rhetoric.

I apologise for the offence that I have clearly caused you. It was an unnecessary lowering of my standards to your level. Sorry, it won't happen again.
Backhanded, insincere, hypocritical.

We do continue to enjoy knocking the successful in this nation dont we !
What happened to our sense of pride ?
77 years so what ? He won for us !

Well actually he won for himself and his family I'm sure, equally I'm delighted for them all and wish him all future success.
He's an absolutely top sportsman and probably top level tennis is physically more demanding than most other sports, which makes his success all the more worthy.
It's not a prerequisite for every one else to share my opinion thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom