Murray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have know many people in a servile capacity. In my servile place you find out much about how people treat people. Be they servile or otherwise.

Not sure I agree, TJ. I think it's most unfair to judge people on the basis of a brief encounter, when they are not necessarily expecting to start a meaningful relationship. They may be reserved, or even stand-offish, but that's not the same as being rude. Some people just don't like having their personal space invaded, and may have little time for over-familiar approaches from those that are there to serve a function.

I'll let meeting at a dinner go as bumping into him, but having him in the car and for a while is a little more than that but not really knowing him I agree. I just don't like his demeanor and based on my 2 acquaintances he is not the type of person I would want to know or have in my address book that's all I'm saying

Flanaia1, I respect your right to take a dislike to someone - that's human nature. It's the extremity of the way in which you express your views that I find unfathomable. I know you've said you like to speak your mind, but can this really be what you're thinking?

There is never an excuse for being rude or impolite.

At the same time we need to remember that Wimbledon is about being the most skilled tennis player, it is not a personality contest.

Similarly, I don't know if Usain Bolt is a nice guy to hang-out with, but he sure runs like the wind and well deserves his Gold medal.

So Well Done Murray... we are all proud of you for persevering and succeeding.

Not sure I agree, TJ. I think it's most unfair to judge people on the basis of a brief encounter, when they are not necessarily expecting to start a meaningful relationship. They may be reserved, or even stand-offish, but that's not the same as being rude. Some people just don't like having their personal space invaded, and may have little time for over-familiar approaches from those that are there to serve a function.

Good points made. In my case though, I would hope I have never been over-familiar in my servile positions, it would be crass and out of order to do so.

So on we merrily go.

Flanaia1, I respect your right to take a dislike to someone - that's human nature. It's the extremity of the way in which you express your views that I find unfathomable. I know you've said you like to speak your mind, but can this really be what you're thinking?

It's exactly what I'm thinking and from my standpoint it is not extreme, my comments are based on the fact from what I have observed the way Murray treats his fellow human beings which is very poorly and I'm sorry but I don't have time for people like that. So f that comes across as hate or extreme then I guess it's all in the interpretation but make no apologies for expressing my views as I have. I guess other peoples opinions vary based upon what they have seen and I respect those each and everyone is entitled to there own view but some then take it personally and throw insults

It was good to see him win.

He's a miserable bugger.

How to take a joyous occasion and piss on it...thanks Ian.

He is when he wins...:)

Yet according to his 06/06/06 interview he supports "anyone but England".

Sounds like he only likes the English when he wants their support at Wimbledon!

From a Scots personal viewpoint I would agree with that. If any of you think the Murray/English BBC sycophantic coverage is way over the top you should try living up here.

Now come on what have we done to deserve that:dk: You've already inflicted Alex Ferguson, Susan Boyle, Gordon Ramsey, Rod Stewart and Frankie Boyle on us when will this stop.

The Aussies are even worse we've been trying to get rid of blo*dy Rolf Harris for years :D

Now come on what have we done to deserve that:dk: You've already inflicted Alex Ferguson, Susan Boyle, Gordon Ramsey, Rod Stewart and Frankie Boyle on us when will this stop.

The Aussies are even worse we've been trying to get rid of blo*dy Rolf Harris for years :D

And that's without mentioning "the Brown"!!

If any of you think the Murray/English BBC sycophantic coverage is way over the top you should try living up here.

I just think it's a shame that he seems to revel in the 'dour Scot' image which plays up to most people's stereotype, when I know for certain that is not the case for all of the Scottish I've ever known or met.

I always see Scotland as a sort of big brother of Yorkshire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom