Music For the Masses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SEM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 C220 CDi SPORT & E350 Coupe Sport
Pulled up on the drive tonight after cruzin up the motorway listening to Embrace - Glorious Day.. Perfect! (so much for the panther theory type driver) Just got me thinkin when everone gets in their MB, what do you listen too, Radio, CD? depending on what mood your in.
State of jouney etc.

ACDC?
JS Bach?
Radio 1?
Nothing, allways on the phone?
Sat nav directions?

:bannana: :bannana: can u get it on cd??? :D and the sound of squeelin tyres too.

Last edited:
The stone roses and Ian Brown lately, since i saw the man himself at the Leadmill, Sheffield the other week. Also a lot of metalica to get the blood flowing!! Not so good when you get cut up.. LOL
Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here, or Meddle, when i want to relax. The Division Bell is also a top album for long jurneys

Stu

My ex (my sons mother) arrested Ian Brown for that fracca on the aircraft a few years back.

Currently -

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill
Ron Sexsmith - Retriever
Paul Westerberg - Stereo
Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs
Grandaddy - Sumday

Plus a load of old faves on MP3...

Kids make me listen to Radio 1, my personal default setting is Radio 4 - but I'm regularly told I'm a boring old *art [probably true :eek: ]

Plodd said:
My ex (my sons mother) arrested Ian Brown for that fracca on the aircraft a few years back.

Bloody hell mate. Small world. I've followed ian brown/the stone roses since 1988.!!! Not that you'd know, but id be very interested to know if he realy did go off his head on that flight, or was it just a case of "makeing an example" of a famous person, cos "air rage" was in the news at the time.

Im sure he probably did have an attitude and probably did loose his temper on the flight. But to get sent down for it seemed a bit exesive to say the least!! I mean, he wasnt violent and certainly didnt need to be restrained at all!!! But he got sent down!!!!!!!!!!! MAD!!

Have a real mix going on in Edna - Keane features a lot atm, but then I'm sat at my desk now with the iPod plugged in - or is that plugged into the iPod - listenening to Human League :D

Driving home from Lytham in hire cars means I'm usually stuck with the radio which is crap in an afternoon, so often end up with Classic FM. All will be resolved after Christmas when an iTrip finds it's way into my stocking ;)

Guy said:
Currently -

The Killers - Hot Fuss
Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill
Ron Sexsmith - Retriever
Paul Westerberg - Stereo
Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs
Grandaddy - Sumday

Wow, I've never even heard of one of those. :crazy:

As a product of the 80's, I listen to alot of electronic music from that era. Mostly older Depeche Mode (and yes I love the "Music For The Masses" album too), The Cure, Nitzer Ebb, Nine Inch Nails etc. Latley I've started listening to some heavy metal :rock: Disturbed and System of A Down being the most listented to in my Merc.

no one pushed thier speakers to the limit? with exeption of anarchy-inc (NIN)

I'm of the 80's as well, well in musical taste, so it's OMD, depeche mode, Ultravox, when listening to mp3's, but in general I just leave the radio on Century.

CB

craigyb said:
I'm of the 80's as well, well in musical taste, so it's OMD, depeche mode, Ultravox, when listening to mp3's, but in general I just leave the radio on Century.

CB

Oh Craig, all my type of music. - I've just dumped all of OMD's albums onto the iPod - need to get Ultravox on there too. I've got Midge Ure's drumstick in my underwear drawer :rolleyes: :p

Radio 1, it's basically the only station that makes it between my house and the office! I'd listen to something on CD but I'm in the car 3 hours per day and the same old stuff gets boring very quickly.

Radio 2 for our Tel and Steve Wright. Can't face Jeremy Vine though so at lunchtime I connect up the iPod and set it to Shuffle. plenty of

AC/DC
Molly Hatchet
Pink Floyd
Scooter

Most people in the office think the contents of the changer "wierd" - probably the mix of stuff I guess:

Robert Johnson :(
Scissor Sisters :rolleyes:
Lemon Jelly :cool:
Pink Floyd :bannana:
Led Zep :rock:
and some classical, choral thing that someone gave me to try :confused: - if you like this kind of thing, you'll find it on the side of the A27 this evening.......

You gotta be a music lover if you got a mix like that. A couple of months ago i had The best of Ska, Daniel Beddingfield, Now Dance 89, Radiohead, Keane, How screwed up is that?

Pretty cool, SEM.

The eclectic taste results in some strange things in the car - on the drag down to the south of Frogland this summer I had my stuff, kids watched DVDs in the back while the missus either snored or listened to the iPod...... o yes, and the complaints I got when when I would up "Kashmir" to the limit!

Got lots of interesting looks from the locals down there when playing the full original mix of "I Feel Love" at the max.........

I got frightened reading this thread, must be gettin old, well till I saw Nickmann's reply, I am also a Radio 2 TOG in the morning, and Steve Wright in the afternoon, between times, I have just put all my old vinyl's onto CD and I've started listening to them again :bannana: :bannana: bloody marvelous 60 and 70's stuff, Deep Purple, John Mayall, Cream. Yes and many more. Back then I bought a lot of compilation albums with tracks on that you can no longer get, my current favourite is Room to Move by John Mayall recorded live somewhere. I have still got a lot to get on CD but I am getting there :D :rock:

hehe funny did the same only got moaned at with turn that C**p off by the missus who only has Prince or Dirty dancin in her total collection. My kids love Keane now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom