Music industry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Hi, need your help again guys please, anyone on here in the music industry, my youngest is maybe thinking of a career in the industry and so would welcome any advice. Im happy for you to PM me if you dont want to say on the open forum about what you do, thanks.

There are two broad areas:

Performing and Support (Promotion, Sound Engineering, Management etc).

What's his area S?

If it's performing, it's bl**dy tough and very dog eat dog.

Sorry, should have said, it would be for the management side :)

I think you have to be more specific as to which section of the music industry your daughter is thinking of. Classical, pop, traditional/folk as each type makes different demands. Perhaps she is not thinking of performance but associated areas? Recording, video making, broadcasting, agency work, marketing and promotion. Jobs are very much in demand so gaining entry is difficult. Many start in fairly menial roles with the idea simply being in the right place at the right time, when an opportunity arises. If they know you turn up on time, work hard, anticipate what people are after before they ask by getting to know the business you become the known quantity in a long list of unknowns.
Helps if you have a good portfolio be it performance or the business side. There's more scope for self promotion, producing your own material nowadays meaning its probably a minimum that's now expected. She needs to project herself as an asset rather than a liability same as most jobs.

ps sorry for she read he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom