Music on my phone - How to play through car - W205

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenko456

Car
Merc c class coupe
Had my C Class coupe 250d for a week now, and loving it......I've managed to figure out almost everything I've needed too apart from the media connection. I have an I phone (XR), all my address book links, so phone works fine through the car....But, I cant seem to get my music to play or even be seen by the ICE.

If I go to media, it just doesn't recognize there is anything connected. I'm trying to do all of this via blue tooth rather than hard wired with a USB cable. I am of course assuming this can be done and it's not just me being stupid...Any help much appreciated.

Have u tried removing the old device in the settings in the car.
Then add yours again
I’m sure I had the same problem as it’s trying to find the phone previously stored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works fine on my 2017 c300h via bluetooth with old iPhone 10 and new iPhone 11 pro.

I can't remember exactly how I did it, but the connection for music is done separately.

Had my C Class coupe 250d for a week now, and loving it......I've managed to figure out almost everything I've needed too apart from the media connection. I have an I phone (XR), all my address book links, so phone works fine through the car....But, I cant seem to get my music to play or even be seen by the ICE.

If I go to media, it just doesn't recognise there is anything connected. I'm trying to do all of this via blue tooth rather than hard wired with a USB cable. I am of course assuming this can be done and it's not just me being stupid...Any help much appreciated.

If you are using a USB Cable, as far as I can remember the Two USB Sockets on the Centre Console do different things, the one to the LH Side is for Charging only, the one to the RH/Middle is the Media Connection, I discovered this when my I Pod could not be recognised on my 2017 Plate C250! :rolleyes:

Thanks all.....Now sorted...turns out linking to the phone via blue tooth works initially for the phone function. But you then need to go into media settings and do another link to bluetooth audio...a bit odd, but but now it's linked it works perfectly. Thanks again for the help.

That's how I had to do it.

John N, there may be something wrong with you USB ports. Both of mine allow music to be played from iPhone or USB stick.

That's how I had to do it.

John N, there may be something wrong with you USB ports. Both of mine allow music to be played from iPhone or USB stick.

Think it depends if you have apple/android car play maybe. I read also that media would only work through the RH port with the media symbol. I’ve not actually tried the LH one to be honest though

I have the Audio 20 system without carplay, and I can use a usb stick in one port and my phone in the other and just swap between them for audio from the media screen.

Thanks all.....Now sorted...turns out linking to the phone via blue tooth works initially for the phone function. But you then need to go into media settings and do another link to bluetooth audio...a bit odd, but but now it's linked it works perfectly. Thanks again for the help.
Not that odd... :)

It allows my phone to be connected via BT for voice phone calls while my teenage daughter listens to her music through the car's speakers, over a separate BT connection. Brilliant.

Think it depends if you have apple/android car play maybe. I read also that media would only work through the RH port with the media symbol. I’ve not actually tried the LH one to be honest though
The C-Class only got the support for Apple CarPlay / Android Auto as of the 2018 facelift onwards. Earlier C-Class cars will not have it.

The C-Class only got the support for Apple CarPlay / Android Auto as of the 2018 facelift onwards. Earlier C-Class cars will not have it.

ah that’s interesting, i thought the C Class would have been one of the earlier models with it, depends on model changes and facelifts as you mention i guess

all models or just the Executive? According to my MB dealer, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is only available in the Exec model, not the SE, in fact I have an SE and I cannot integrate via Android Auto, menus are there, tries several times, but it doesn't work.

all models or just the Executive? According to my MB dealer, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay is only available in the Exec model, not the SE, in fact I have an SE and I cannot integrate via Android Auto, menus are there, tries several times, but it doesn't work.

You are quite right that not ALL variants of the post-facelift W205 come with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto as standard (my point was that no C-Class had native support for it before that).

But check with @Alfie at www.comandonline.co.uk, they can activate Apple CarPlay / Android Auto on certain models that didn't have it from factory, and alternatively they can fit hardware that will add this feature for other models.

You are quite right that not ALL variants of the post-facelift W205 come with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto as standard (my point was that no C-Class had native support for it before that).

But check with @Alfie at www.comandonline.co.uk, they can activate Apple CarPlay / Android Auto on certain models that didn't have it from factory, and alternatively they can fit hardware that will add this feature for other models.

great thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom