Music Streaming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tramper

Car
E Class
Just wondering what services people use. Do have any good, bad or indifferent opinions.

Spotify.

It's part of my Vodaphone deal and £9 instead of £10.

The premium service sounds way better than the free version.

Spotify, accept no substitutes. The interface is leagues ahead of the others and i get it for nothing. Tidal is good for high quality but it is expensive

Tidal. Excellent quality. Loads of master quality albums but you need the right equipment to take advantage of them. I agree Spotify interface is better (I switched from Spotify last year) but the CD quality out weighs that for me.

Tidal high res.
I think it’s brilliant. Bit of a waste of time having high res through Bluetooth but as I use it via a blue sound streamer on my hifi at home to me it’s worth the money. About £20 a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Tidal high resolution from me - certainly worth the money for the quality and amount of use it gets.

Thanks all,
I'll look into the various suggestions, I take it there is no limit on the amount of downloads

I haven’t found it yet if there is :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a while since I downloaded any music.

I used to pay for MP3 Rocket, but that stopped working around 6 months ago.

Is there anything similar to MP3 Rocket available?

I'm not too fussed how much is costs, but more of a worry would be being able to add whatever is downloaded to my current MP3 library.
Would the volume levels be similar?

As you can probably guess, I'm not that clued up on this sort of thing.

TIA.

Paul.

Spotify Premium family account. Streamed via Chromecast Audio into optical port of my amp. Much better than a bluetooth dongle.

If you want to download playlists and albums you can.

Otherwise its limitless screening.

Spotify Premium family account. Streamed via Chromecast Audio into optical port of my amp. Much better than a bluetooth dongle.

If you want to download playlists and albums you can.

Otherwise its limitless screening.

Thank you.

I have the music on my laptop and USB stick for the car.
Would the Spotify content integrate seemlessly with my existing MP3 files?

Thank you.

I have the music on my laptop and USB stick for the car.
Would the Spotify content integrate seemlessly with my existing MP3 files?

No. When you download a Spotify file it stays in Spotify on your phone or whatever device you're using as your Spotify client (eg tablet, PC, etc).

When I want to play a Spotify stream in my car (or play Spotify content that I've saved on my phone) I send it to a Bluetooth dongle which them connects to MMI and into the Aux of my COMAND.

Separately, I have MP3's from previous Amazon Music purchases on a USB stick & on the music register in my car. But as I never buy music that way anymore I haven't updated the MP3's for a year or two.

I must be old as I still buy and collect CDs, they end up ripped either to my phone or put onto MP3 DVDs for the car but I really love having something tangible although compared to streaming it's an expensive option.

Spotify from what I've seen seems to be a good choice though, I recall trying it when it was first around and was disappointed that it lacked quite a few of the lesser known bands I'd listen to. Now though, you'd struggle to not find an artist on there!

I use Apple Music, tried Spotify etc but couldn’t get on with the UI.

Reactions: 219
I must be old as I still buy and collect CDs, they end up ripped either to my phone or put onto MP3 DVDs for the car but I really love having something tangible although compared to streaming it's an expensive option.

Spotify from what I've seen seems to be a good choice though, I recall trying it when it was first around and was disappointed that it lacked quite a few of the lesser known bands I'd listen to. Now though, you'd struggle to not find an artist on there!

Yes at the beginning it was missing vast swathes of music. These days it's full of the most obscure stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom