Music track naming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEA76

Car
W205 AMG Line C220d
As a bit of a techno phobe, with a new C class complete with command due soon. I am after some advice on music track naming and organisation for the hard drive and the usb's. This will be my first car with more than a CD player and I am not an iPod user so have no experience with MP3 files etc. I read a couple of postings about duplicating artists names so wanted to check with the wise? All help gratefully received.

BEA76 said:
As a bit of a techno phobe, with a new C class complete with command due soon. I am after some advice on music track naming and organisation for the hard drive and the usb's. This will be my first car with more than a CD player and I am not an iPod user so have no experience with MP3 files etc. I read a couple of postings about duplicating artists names so wanted to check with the wise? All help gratefully received.

Not really sure exactly what you're asking advice on doing but-

On PC, right click and click rename to edit file name. To edit artist name right click and view properties and you can edit the meta data (track name, artist, track number etc) this would be done one by one though, best off copying and pasting the artist name or whatever if need be

Quicker way if you have iTunes and you've imported true mp3's into it rather than buying via iTunes as the files are slightly different- select all songs and right click, change data at once regarding album name, artist name, year efc. Track numbering would be separate though

That's just how I do it as it takes a few seconds but there's programs you can use that would probably do it quicker. Not sure if that's answered what you were initially asking?

If you're **** like me with correct names, spelling, numbers, albums, order etc for when it comes up in command then the meta data is the one you'll need to edit. This all depending where you got the songs though of course. Paid for music would have meta data arranged, Pirated music will no doubt have some sneaky website plug mentioned throughout the m'data

Thanks Ash59,
What i wanted was a way to consistently organise the albums. i will be using CD's as the source so it sounds like Itunes may be the route to follow.
Cheers

If you're going to be ripping your own CD's to mp3 files, I'd strongly recommend buying dBpoweramp which, with minimal effort, will ensure that your ripped music has consistent id3 tagging, and cover art. You can even download a fully functioning trial version that you can use for 21 days to see what it can do.

It's much more functional than iTunes, which you'll probably end up fighting with at some time in the future because it resolutely insists in doing things its own way.

If you're ripping audio from shop bought CDs, then just use windows media player and it will have everything saved for you ready to go, then just copy over to your device for the car

If they are burnt discs with all sorts on from various resources then the meta data might be all skewiff but all edited just the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom