Musical desires & duets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rex-Mac

Car
W212 E250 CDi
When I joined this forum a few weeks ago Developer had a guitar thread running, thanks for that I enjoyed it.

Clearly this was of limited interest to a relatively small group of members so I wondered what would happen if it was opened up to a wider audience.

1. - What instruments do you play? (optional question don't feel pressured to answer this.)

2. - What instrument would you like to be able to play?

3. - Who would you like to perform a duet with?

For me: -

1. - guitar, mandolin, keyboards, bass and percussion.

2. - I really wish I had learned to play the saxophone & clarinet.

3. - Purely for the continued harmonic relationship and development between the UK and the Netherlands I would dearly love to play with Candy Dulfer.

What would you choose?

1. - What instruments do you play? (optional question don't feel pressured to answer this.)

I played piano as a kid (not very well) and Eb Bass, Cornet and Bugle in the Boys Brigade band (again, not very well).

2. - What instrument would you like to be able to play?

Piano, but properly - Jools Holland style boogie woogie would be my tipple of choice (though that Chopin bloke wrote some hauntingly beautiful piano pieces).

3. - Who would you like to perform a duet with?

My neighbours wife floats my boat, though she's not at all musical ;).

Last edited:
I can't read music but play the piano/keyboards and also used to play the drums.
Successfully gigged playing both, although the drumming was far less stressful than piano/keyboards.

Oh, and I'd like to play with Helen Mirren because I bet I could get a lovely tune out of her. ;)

No worries Ringway - I only play by ear - no dots needed. One time in a studio I was told to be in at four beats to the bar - BAR - You pay and I'll be there first was my initial thought

I can't read music but play the piano/keyboards and also used to play the drums.
Successfully gigged playing both, although the drumming was far less stressful than piano/keyboards.

Oh, and I'd like to play with Helen Mirren because I bet I could get a lovely tune out of her. ;)

For me drumming was the most stressful experience ever. I would say percussion was my last choice -having the whole band in my palm was way too much for me - but Helen Mirren - Mmmmmmmmm- good call ;)

Been playing piano last 6 years. Tried self taught organ years previously using tuition books and eventually gave up. Began with lessons with the piano, and although have played bass guitar semi professionally, again years back, soon realised the value and for me the necessity of the lessons for sight reading for the piano ( not gifted enough for improvisation on the keyboard !)

1. Guitar (and singing)

2. Keyboards

3. I have been able to play with my ultimate guitar hero, but would love to jam with Clapton or B B King.

1. I used to play keyboards (but I'm quite rusty now)

2. I'd love to be able to play Saxophone

3. And I'd really love to play sax for Tina Turner singing "Private Dancer"

1. Classical Guitar & Double Bass
2. Piano
3. Paul McCartney

He is a seriously good player!

1: Couple of guitars
2: The guitar (since I haven't mastered it yet
3: Hank Marvin

1. None. I have been torturing a guitar for the last 6 months though. It does not yet comply.

2. Guitar

3. Has to be Angus Young. Not sure if duet is the term though :)

1. Guitar, Bass, Drums (drumming was my only way of earning money for several months many moons ago, did that make me a professional drummer?)

2. Tenor Sax

3. Barbara Dickson, her "Caravan Song" is my all-time favourite track.

He is a seriously good player!

1: Couple of guitars
2: The guitar (since I haven't mastered it yet
3: Hank Marvin

Yes he is very good.....do you reckon the guy in the green shirt watching is British? :D

1. None. I have been torturing a guitar for the last 6 months though. It does not yet comply.

2. Guitar

3. Has to be Angus Young. Not sure if duet is the term though :)

As Malcolm retired earlier this year with health problems, there is an opening there for a rhythm guitarist.....better get practising.

for me,

1. Guitar
2. Keyboards
3. Shawn Lane, but as he's sadly passed, David Gilmour

Fitted some new Ironstone pickups to the strat yesterday together with some copper foil shielding, boy was that a fiddly job!

IMG_J2432.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom