Must be Monday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not trying to excuse the lack of awareness of the Kia driver , however -

No doubt van driver had no idea of the concept that traffic joining a motorway/dual carriageway has to accord priority to traffic already on the carriageway , and that , ultimately , if he cannot join without causing road users on the carriageway to have to alter course or speed then he must give way or even stop .

Perish the thought .

OK let me clarify.

Transit had already fully joined, taking up the space Mondeo Man had freely vacated in lane 1.

No question of a pushing in at speed nor crawling, he was simply joining in an orderly fashion. All well & good.

Self & Mrs S just watched in astonishment as 4 or 5 seconds later Kia just ran it up the rear end as if it was simply not there. No braking, no attempt to move out.

I have another old nutter neighbour who drove off with his passenger rear door wide open the other day and clattered the little A class.

And there was me thinking that was a woman thing . SWMBO seems to think nothing of coming home from the shops , bringing stuff in and leaving the car standing outside with one or more doors wide open . At least it is HER car and it's off the road , but I have to tell her to go out and close it . I've seen her mother do the same , but she's 80 and has never driven .

I now get annoyed since she has a couple of times got out of MY car and walked away leaving door wide open :wallbash: usually before I have finished parking . Sometimes diplomacy and maintaining domestic harmony is a strain .

Another woman thing , while I'm on a roll : how many have noticed that if four guys go to get into a car they will go to the door nearest the seat they are going to occupy ; women getting into the back seat both get into one side , one having to struggle to the other side , pushing up the central armrest I always like to keep down and upsetting the floor mats - I grimace , but I can just imagine Rash's reaction :D

Or am I becoming a grumpy old fart ?

I noticed numerous "Monday" idiots today ,two of the most unbelievable ones were.

Young woman 1 - Parked , 2 feet from the pavement,ON the double yellows slap bang in the middle of a pedestrian crossing whist the green man was on ,to her credit she had her hazards on :doh: . She got out her car and proceeded down the road , I gave her a Paddington "hard stare" and the shake of the head but she just replied with the "whatever" look.

Young woman 2 - I went into Costcutters car park to wait till my boy came out of school to give him a lift home and tried to park in one of their spaces which would have been simple if there wasn't someone parked ACROSS three of the spaces , I didn't want to interrupt her a she was too busy Tweeting / Texting / Facebooking , I just shook my head and just parked on a pedestrian crossing as that is what we do now-a-days , obviously.

Kenny

Last edited:
Another woman thing , while I'm on a roll : how many have noticed that if four guys go to get into a car they will go to the door nearest the seat they are going to occupy ; women getting into the back seat both get into one side , one having to struggle to the other side , pushing up the central armrest I always like to keep down and upsetting the floor mats - I grimace.

Oh how very, very true, and it IS only women who do this. Why???

I noticed numerous "Monday" idiots today ,two of the most unbelievable ones were.

Young woman 1 - Parked , 2 feet from the pavement,ON the double yellows slap bang in the middle of a pedestrian crossing whist the green man was on ,to her credit she had her hazards on :doh: . She got out her car and proceeded down the road , I gave her a Paddington "hard stare" and the shake of the head but she just replied with the "whatever" look.

Could her car have broken down?

Could her car have broken down?

Nope , I saw her driving , stopping and getting out of the car towards a row of shops purse in hand - once she had put her hazards on :rolleyes:. Everyone driving towards her "abandoned" vehicle had to cross into oncoming traffic to avoid the car as did the people on the crossing.

These people know they are doing something wrong , they just don't give a toss for the inconvenience they are causing to others.

Kenny

I now get annoyed since she has a couple of times got out of MY car and walked away leaving door wide open :wallbash: usually before I have finished parking . Sometimes diplomacy and maintaining domestic harmony is a strain .

My wife does that. Or more accurately, used to do that. Luckily, we have the type of relationship whereby things can be pointed out without it degrading into an argument.

My wife is improving slightly but still seems unable to close the passenger door on my van fully either. Has to have two goes. Almost every time.

I now get annoyed since she has a couple of times got out of MY car and walked away leaving door wide open :wallbash: usually before I have finished parking . Sometimes diplomacy and maintaining domestic harmony is a strain.

My wife has her own variation on that one. Despite her being 24 years younger than me and very much fitter, I generally find that after parking the car and getting out I'll be standing there waiting for her to disembark. But she rarely leaves the door wide open so I mustn't grumble!

Surely there are no grumpy old farts on this forum ;)

Oh how very, very true, and it IS only women who do this. Why???

And there was me thinking that was a woman thing . SWMBO seems to think nothing of coming home from the shops , bringing stuff in and leaving the car standing outside with one or more doors wide open . At least it is HER car and it's off the road , but I have to tell her to go out and close it . I've seen her mother do the same , but she's 80 and has never driven .

Another woman thing , while I'm on a roll : how many have noticed that if four guys go to get into a car they will go to the door nearest the seat they are going to occupy ; women getting into the back seat both get into one side , one having to struggle to the other side , pushing up the central armrest I always like to keep down and upsetting the floor mats - I grimace , but I can just imagine Rash's reaction :D

No, it's the spatial awareness difference 'tween men and the fairer sex.

While we're on a roll ....... the missus plays lookout at junctions and usually says "clear" or "car coming". So far, so good?

I say "usually" as she occasionally is quiet and, as much as I have tried to explain to her that her warning system only works if she does it EVERY time, she cannot understand why, when she is looking in her handbag for something, I cannot do the lookout myself.

She insists on helping, when she is not busy doing handbag inspections, so I can't see a bl**dy thing while she's leaning forward ........ most of the time.

Bless! :wallbash:

Stuart

"Are there any cars coming?"

"No" she said as I pulled out. "Just that lorry".

"Are there any cars coming?"

"No" she said as I pulled out. "Just that lorry".

Yes, we've been thought that, too, and there has been significant improvement on that front.

As with the "no, there's a car" .......... which was at least 1/4 mile away!:doh:

Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom