Mustard Seed Project - please donate for my dear friends challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Gents, Ladies. howdy..

sonal1.jpg

I have a truly amazing friend called Sonal who is doing an amazing challenge that i have soo much admiration for.. and I need your help!!

She is training as hard as you would imagine,, 40km hikes on the weekend around the UK.

Donations are critical now so the next stage of what she wants to achieve happens..

Her challenge needs even greater support to achieve her goals.. and provide support for the generations to come!!

The link: Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Sonal climbs Mount Kilimanjaro

UPDATE

Thank you SO much to everyone who has sponsored her so far. Absolutely delighted to tell you that she has hit her target of £2000, which means that these children WILL get a classroom which they so rightly deserve! Thank you!!

She is now looking at funding a health clinic for the school children, their siblings and parents (1000 plus people). It will cost £200 per month to run and opening in February 2016.

Any further funds raised will go towards the running costs of this clinic which will include the salary of a part time nurse, electricity for the fridge and autoclave, dressings, antibiotics, anti-malarials, syringes and needles, cleansing solutions etc.

The clinic will provide regular health checks for the school children, ante-natal and post-natal care, contraception, blood and urine testing. They will also provide family planning and minor trauma, antibiotics, anti-malaraials and analagesics and take on HIV positive patients.

Upon return from Kilimanjaro she will be visiting the school to see the classroom and clinic and will be able to update you with photos :)she will also taking a suitcase filled with educational toys and books. If you have an old laptop and would be willing to donate this to the school please do get in touch.

Any donations are most gratefully received. Thank you again for your support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the 21st October 2015, she will be heading off to Tanzania to take on the hardest and most physical mental challenge she has ever set her self; to climb to the top of Uhuru Peak, Mount Kilimanjaro.

Growing up in Kenya she saw first-hand the realities of life in the slums and since she is doing this challenge, she would like to raise money for a worthy cause and support this fantastic organisation called the "Mustard Seed Project."

They are a small UK charity working in East Africa to help young children and adults out of poverty in Mgongeni, an urban slum area in Mombasa, Kenya.

The Mustard Seed Project aim to provide confidence, education and skills to these people to help them towards a better future. The charity urgently needs donations towards the second phase of the development of their school, Miche Bora Primary and Nursery School, and she is raising funds to furnish and resource a classroom in January 2016.

They need tables, chairs, a whiteboard, books, pencils, toys – the bare necessities that you would expect to find in a classroom. Each classroom takes 25 boys and girls (3 – 11 years)

The Really Important Stuff

This charity is run by volunteers, so your donation will go directly to furnishing this classroom!

she is paying for the entire trip myself - no donations made on this site will go towards paying for the climb or the trip; it is all going directly to charity!

So please, please dig deep and help her raise money for the Mustard Seed Project. Your generosity and kindness will help these children and change their lives giving them a better future – one we have all been fortunate enough to have!

If you are still reading this thank you and if you click donate thank you very much from the Mustard Seed Project and from me for your kind donation!

Wish her luck to Uhuru Peak- she thinks she has a feeling she is going to need it!

I think she will smash it and I am so proud of her..

please do support her

The link: Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Sonal climbs Mount Kilimanjaro

sonal2.jpg

sonal3.jpg

sonal4.jpg

sonal5.jpg

sonal6.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom