My 105 day wait is almost over....C55 is on its way!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Movi-Star

Car
Black 2005 C55 AMG
Well after selling my Evo IX my 105 day wait for a C55 is almost over, I have agreed to buy a lovely C55 of a member from here (who is now on holiday! hence the little longer wait), already had a test drive and loved it, love the noise:D

Here's the pic after test drive

11022011147.jpg

It has all the optional extras, including rear side airbags so mini movi-star has a little more safety. Also had ash grey (looks almost like Ivory white) leather which I really like, really brings the blue out of the tinted windows.

Already booked in for a stainless steel X-pipe, and looking at getting proper flappy paddles, does anyone know if this steering wheel would work on this C55? Mercedes AMG w204 C klasse Lenkrad Lederlenkrad on eBay (end time 20-Mar-11 11:50:34 GMT)

Also been reading a thread on the USA sites about ordering just the paddles from MB and fixing them to the original wheel, just need one whole drilling which is ok.

How many other C55 owners are on here? I know Benzedup has one, anymore?

Thank God for that!!!!:D

The best things come to those who wait! Congratulations and I'm sure you'll cherish it!:thumb:

I know, its been hell, no more complaining from me about rip off garages :)

Should also add, I will have a lovely 2000 silver W-plate C220 CDi for sale soon, low miles, FSH, 4 brand new Bridgstone ER300.

Nice, the wheels are "right" on that car.

Can I suggest you live with it for a few weeks prior to modifying it as you need to appreciate what you have before you change it lol

i dont know about that, i like to change my cars from the word go. Its habbit

Good to see you finally got hold of one. :thumb:

Well after selling my Evo IX my 105 day wait for a C55 is almost over, I have agreed to buy a lovely C55 of a member from here (who is now on holiday! hence the little longer wait), already had a test drive and loved it, love the noise:D

Here's the pic after test drive

11022011147.jpg

It has all the optional extras, including rear side airbags so mini movi-star has a little more safety. Also had ash grey (looks almost like Ivory white) leather which I really like, really brings the blue out of the tinted windows.

Already booked in for a stainless steel X-pipe, and looking at getting proper flappy paddles, does anyone know if this steering wheel would work on this C55? Mercedes AMG w204 C klasse Lenkrad Lederlenkrad on eBay (end time 20-Mar-11 11:50:34 GMT)

Also been reading a thread on the USA sites about ordering just the paddles from MB and fixing them to the original wheel, just need one whole drilling which is ok.

How many other C55 owners are on here? I know Benzedup has one, anymore?

Great car. Yes I have a C55 estate in Tanzanite Blue. I am also interested in the paddle mod but not sure where you get the paddles from. Please let me know if you have any luck. Enjoy!!

Looks fantastic, congrats:thumb:

Really like the colour.

Totally understand how hard it is to wait so long, I'm collecting my C63 from Stuttgart on Wednesday - I ordered it in November. It's been a long, tough wait:wallbash:

Congratulations buddy, finally you got what you were after, you will love it, great car, can't wait to see the pictures.:cool:

BaldGuy - where did you get yours done please mate? maybe meet up one time when your free and show me etc..:thumb:

I think you get the paddles from MB dealer, the buttons are annoying, I hit them by accident all the time, lol.

AFAIK you need a new steering wheel with flappy paddles, you cant just fit them to your existing steering wheel with buttons. If you dont have buttons already then you will need the control module and other bits too.

Search the electronics section others have done this mod, seen a few previous posts about it.

Last edited:
Very nice. Is that Alfie's car?

Yes it was :( That picture was taken in my driveway.

Looks lovely in the picture. It was wrench to sell it as its such a good car. Ive never ever seen one in the same colour combination. I think its a very rare one amongst rare cars anyway. Still, its gone to a good loving home.

Last edited:
I recognised the driveway ;) and TBH surprised you sold it. What you on the lookout for now Mark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom