My 190 vandalised - advice RE windows please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evilgoat

Car
'95 AMG C36
So, came out of work yesterday to find both passenger side windows smashed and a nice dent in the rear passenger door of my baby
e5000990.gif
This is how she looks at the moment:

sad190.jpg

No windscreen cover on my insurance policy, stupidly. Autoglass wanted £430! So off the the breakers yard. Secured front and rear glass. The rear was from a manual though and mine is electric, will this be a problem? The rear looked like a real bitch to remove. Im fairly confident I can install the front myself. Is the rear going to be a real headache? Will glass from a manual version even fit? Anyone got a link to a guide?

B+stards. I notice there is a CCTV on the building,is it fixed? Might be worth asking if your car was parked where it is in the photograph.
Sorry I can not be of help in regards to glass.

For a W202 C Class but should be quite similar to yours, others may advise, see… New Page 1

Dec

Unfortunately no CCTV, it was parked in a badly lit carpark when it was attacked. Photo shows it parked outside the local police station at the moment.

The bodywork was straight and clean :mad: The car park had plenty of hideous modern metal they could have mangled instead, god knows why they picked on my poor benz. Just the windows would have bearable but theyve disfigured her. They didnt steal anything, just pure vandalism.

PRETTY SURE THE GLASS WILL BE THE SAME. Make sure the glass " tints " are the same.

Last edited:
B+stards. I notice there is a CCTV on the building,is it fixed? Might be worth asking if your car was parked where it is in the photograph.
Sorry I can not be of help in regards to glass.

That's the Garda (police) station...probably reporting the incident.

Unfortunately no CCTV, it was parked in a badly lit carpark when it was attacked. Photo shows it parked outside the local police station at the moment.

The bodywork was straight and clean :mad: The car park had plenty of hideous modern metal they could have mangled instead, god knows why they picked on my poor benz. Just the windows would have bearable but theyve disfigured her. They didnt steal anything, just pure vandalism.

What town was this in?

Hope the Garda manage to get them. Not many tourists around this time of year so I'm guessing they are local.

No respect.

Omagh...omg. It may have been the registration plate...barstewards.

Thats what the cops reckoned.

Got the front in and working :rock:

Struggling to get the rear into the door cavity, does anyone know if the rear 3/4 glass has to come out? If so how? Bit of brute force and ignorance?

Struggling to get the rear into the door cavity, does anyone know if the rear 3/4 glass has to come out?
Normally the other way round, the main glass has to be withdrawn before the 1/4 light can be installed.

It may be a fiddle, but you should be able to get the glass in after unbolting any guides inside the door, then lowering the glass down at an angle, engage the guides and then lift the glass level.

Got the fecker in, but its stopping 2 inches from closed. I know Ive read about this before but can anyone give me a quick fix. Im working in the dark at this stage!

Do you mean its all connected up but the motor wont raise the glass all the way to the top of the door OR the new pain of glass can’t be pushed all the way to the top of the door?

Dec

Bring the glass all the way down then try up.

Dec

I suspect the window isn't in one of the guides properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom