My 1993 320CE AMG/Brabus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EVL124

Car
1993 320CE with Brabus and AMG goodies
Here is my coupe that I bought a couple of months back.

1993 Blauschwarz 320CE
Genuine Gen I AMG kit
Staggered 17" AMG Aero II alloys
Brabus-esque exhaust with slash cut tips
Brabus B6 tuning package - tuning module and cam

134505304_full.jpg

134505242_full.jpg

134505218_full.jpg

134477515_full.jpg

134699009_full.jpg

It has already cost me a bit - have replaced

Both engine mounts
Transmission mount
Diff mounts
LCA bushes
Front Sway Bushes
All 3 coils

Still has a slight misfire up to 1500 I am trying to sort

Post taken from another forum, so some bits may not make sense, but plans for the car:

Well as some of you know I bought a 320CE Benz about a month back which was reportedly a 3.7 Brabus engine - odd as Brabus never made a 3.7, haha.
I have confirmed it is in fact the 3.2 Mercedes Motor, with a Brabus tuning kit - cam and control module which takes the motor up to about 180kw and 340nm - I suspected from the start and got it for good money so not too fussed.
Now while this is OK and it is certainly no slouch, I am already missing the power and torque of the AMG 3.6 motor, so here begins my hunt, and hopefully a project!
What I aim to do is as closely replicate the original AMG E36 coupe, with a few twists for superior performance.
Obviously I already have a full genuine AMG Gen I bodykit, and genuine staggered 17" AMG Mono II alloys (although I wouldn't mind finding an 18" set again) so the car is almost there exterior look wise.
What I do need/want to add is the AMG ducktail spoiler and genuine AMG exhaust tips, colour code the wheel centres, and leave the lips polished.
I plan to replace the cloth interior with a black leather coupe interior - all 4 seats, headrests and door cards - Having trouble finding one, so looks like I will have to do a re-trim.
And of course the important bit - the 3.6 AMG engine - which I think I have located!
I plan to keep my 5 speed transmission rather than the 4 speed from the C36/E36, and 3.06 ratio diff vs the 2.82 of the C36/E36, this means I will have considerably better acceleration while still enjoying low motorway revs.
I will get some nice tubular headers made up for it to replace the cruddy log style ones, and have a true dual 2 1/4 exhaust system with x pipe crossover made up.
Other things which would be good to do are a P&Ped head, and adapt E34 M5 manifold and E36 M3 ITBs, to the motor - which Carlsson successfully did on their 3.7 motor, but shall see when the time comes!
Suspension wise the car is good and it already has nice 4 pot stoppers with decent sized discs - although C36 brakes would be nice.
This will not be a quick project, more of a long term goal, as I see myself owning this car for a long time - one of the coolest looking cars ever IMO :p

Wheel Plans:
13450530u4_full.jpg

Any feedback, suggestions would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom