My 1st cl500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NobbyDean

Car
cl500
Well I've found my dream car a 2008 cl500,30,000 miles ,FMBSH, its fantastic. I got all the documentation apart from an owners manual, does anyone know if they sell them online. My first issue (probably because I dont know what I'm doing) is that the digital clock is displaying a different time to the analogue clock. I've watched a couple of videos on youtube and followed them exactly but the analogue wont change it's time,it is working it's just half an hour behind the digital clock. Any ideas anyone please.

Congratulations! Sounds like a wise buy from the mileage and service history. There may be somewhere you can order a manual (MB dealership?), but in the meantime here is a searchable online version that might answer the clock question.

MERCEDES-BENZ CL500 2007 C216 Owner's Manual (723 Pages)

Oh, and: do post some pics! :)

SW18 youre a star thank you ive spent a couple of hours reading about my cl500,didnt know most of it, thank you so much. im not the most adept with computers ,i tried uploading a pic,just 1,and it said it was too large,eek.

SW18 youre a star thank you ive spent a couple of hours reading about my cl500,didnt know most of it, thank you so much. im not the most adept with computers ,i tried uploading a pic,just 1,and it said it was too large,eek.
Send the pic to WhatsApp if someone in the household has it then send it back to you then it will upload👍

thanks, ive wanted one for years that seemed to tick all the boxes, just need to work out how to connect my phone to it now, cant even find a usb port, did they have them then

That does look fabulous, hope you enjoy it!

My car (2010 E-class) has no USB port but there’s a comms port hidden in the top-right of the glovebox that can take a USB adaptor. But I also have Bluetooth, which was an optional extra, so I use that. The Bluetooth receiver is in the centre storage box between the front seats. Of course, the CL may be different. If you’re really stuck then you could call Comandonline who can advise, they can even retrofit this kind of stuff if needed.

Well I've found my dream car a 2008 cl500,30,000 miles ,FMBSH, its fantastic. I got all the documentation apart from an owners manual, does anyone know if they sell them online. My first issue (probably because I dont know what I'm doing) is that the digital clock is displaying a different time to the analogue clock. I've watched a couple of videos on youtube and followed them exactly but the analogue wont change it's time,it is working it's just half an hour behind the digital clock. Any ideas anyone please.
The analogue clock thing is weird. I take it you're going in to vehicle settings menu? You have to be quick in altering the time setting and then the date setting, before Comand takes over. Mine insisted it was 2003, despite the fact that it wasn't built until 2009. Takes a few attempts, and I found it best to leave the car on vehicle settings when you shut it down, leave the car overnight and then try it. It does work eventually.

Is that the porcelain leather interior? Looks the same colour as mine. When things get back to normal you'll have to visit the monthly Barton Airport meeting- usually a few of us there.

Yes the year and the date are miles out too and it wont let me change those either, i darent even ask about how i connect my phone to the car :rolleyes:

Yes the year and the date are miles out too and it wont let me change those either, i darent even ask about how i connect my phone to the car :rolleyes:
I take it you're using the rotary dial and pressing it after you have entered each correct digit? Or are you saying that the digits won't alter?

I take it you're using the rotary dial and pressing it after you have entered each correct digit? Or are you saying that the digits won't alter?
Yes I'm using the rotary dial after going into vehicle settings,the clock does alter in there ,it just doesn't move the clock fingers on the analogue clock

Everyone has a different definition of town.

If it's four miles round trip to school early in the morning and four miles round trip to collect them in the afternoon, you might be as bad as 15mpg, but with

I've had three cars with that 5.5 litre engine and they all returned better than 28mpg in South West London.

My current 4.7 litre CL500 returns better than 30mpg.

Yes I'm using the rotary dial after going into vehicle settings,the clock does alter in there ,it just doesn't move the clock fingers on the analogue clock
It will do after many attempts, unless there is a wiring fault.

It will do after many attempts, unless there is a wiring fault.
Cheers oldguy57 I left it overnight like you said and tried adjusting it this morning...bingo it did it!!! Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom