My 1st MB :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LocheeLad

Car
CLK 230 Kompressor Coupe
Hi folks, just wanted to introduce myself after buying BMW's for years I now own my first MB, a CLK 230K ,given to me by my wife as a surprise for my 40th!!!:D
I'd really appreciate any suggestions on how I could make it more unique without being tacky, I was thinking about changing the grille for one with a star in the centre, what do you think?

hi! welcome to the forum...
be very nice to your wife; she's saved you from the dark side!
post a couple of pics... so we can see what it looks like now :)

Thanks for the warm welcome Rascalmaster,
If this works then you should see links to a couple of pics below :D

PS how do I upload an avatar photo to my profile?

Attachments

• CLK 230K a.JPG
    CLK 230K a.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 85
  • CLK 230K b.JPG
    CLK 230K b.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 85
lovely!
improvements could possibly be a set of nice wheels and perhaps a good valet + detail?...
a bit of spit n polish and that car will be delectable :) (not that it doesn't look lovely now)
there are a few detailers on here, if you do a search. some even buff the headlight lens to make it clear and 'new' again...
if you fancy; killerhertz on here sells led replacement bulbs (if you don't already have them) for the front parking lights and rear number plate... relatively cheap and instant upgrade.

here's a link in this forum which shows the effect of led bulbs ;-)

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/102863-led-side-lights.html

Last edited:
i wanted to change my first mercedes grill to a star one, and remove the bonnet star.
on hindsight i'm glad i didn't.
it's personal preference of course; but the original look grows on one quite fast.
possible exception is the new models; someone on here had changed the grill of their W212 (DrNab i think) and that looks very nice.

amg bodykit may be another possibility; if any are available for your model/ year... and if you went down that path; then stainless steel exhaust and new wheels could compliment that. (but you'd be looking at a substantial outlay)

Mercedes AMG W209 CLK63 Coupe Cabrio Front Bumper OEM | eBay

they are a reliable supplier and have a lot of experience with mercs for other stuff like chipping/ re-mapping, and you can buy the entire AMG body kit from them.

... obviously, if you AMG'd it; it would look super without the bonnet star

Last edited:
lovely!
improvements could possibly be a set of nice wheels and perhaps a good valet + detail?...
a bit of spit n polish and that car will be delectable :) (not that it doesn't look lovely now)
there are a few detailers on here, if you do a search. some even buff the headlight lens to make it clear and 'new' again...
if you fancy; killerhertz on here sells led replacement bulbs (if you don't already have them) for the front parking lights and rear number plate... relatively cheap and instant upgrade.

here's a link in this forum which shows the effect of led bulbs ;-)

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/102863-led-side-lights.html

Just sent Killerhertz an email and am looking forward to upgrading the lights to LEDs :)
I like the original grill and star on the bonnet, just a bit concerned that some ned/chav/**** may also like the star so was thinking about swaping the grill and star over to a flat badge on the bonnet with a star on the grill. Maybe I'll just leave as it is just now as like you said and look at replacement wheels, other details, etc, just now.
Thanks again for all your advice:D

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'd start with a new set of wheels, although I'm a bit of a purist aswell and don't like to see too much non-oem on a Mercedes.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'd start with a new set of wheels, although I'm a bit of a purist aswell and don't like to see too much non-oem on a Mercedes.

Thanks for that welcome
Sweetpea :)
I'm not a huge fan of non-oem equipment either but if the quality is there in the product is does give you some more choice over what's available :)

I have a grill and bonnet blank for sale if your interested.

Thanks for that Cammy,
If you could email me a photograph or two of the grill and blank to give me an idea of style and condition, along with an idea of what sort of price you'd be looking for that would be great:)
hope to hear from you soon:)

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb: I wish i had a wife like that , Nice looking car it has already been said the first thing i would do is a nice set of wheels :thumb:

email

Thanks for that Cammy,
If you could email me a photograph or two of the grill and blank to give me an idea of style and condition, along with an idea of what sort of price you'd be looking for that would be great:)
hope to hear from you soon:)
No probs could you send me your email address?
[email protected]

Hi & welcome.

I wouldn't rush to make changes, but a nice set of wheels would be first on my list I think.

For the interior you can easily fit rather nice alloy / rubber pedals (real M-B ones, not eBay tat) for relatively little money:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/interior/5515-howto-slk-evolution-pedal-mod-w202-w211.html

Skip to the last page for current part numbers and prices.

Thanks for the welcome message and advice :)
The alloy pedals look great so I will definately consider this option:D
Thanks again

Welcome to the forum.

as said a new set of 17 inch AMG wheels off a CLK55 would look nice, I am not a big fan of the star grill on these 208's I personally think they don't suit the car 1 bit!

Hi welcome to the forum :thumb: I wish i had a wife like that , Nice looking car it has already been said the first thing i would do is a nice set of wheels :thumb:

LOL thanks for that and yes, I'm making sure my wife knows I appreciate her ;)
I think new wheels is high on the list now, seems to be the best and most popular advice, just got to start looking now to find the right set:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom