My 2013 c216 CL500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rayhoop

So a while back I posted in the intros section as a "new old member". I was on the hunt for my next daily.

So in November I picked this up :)

IMG-20220201-WA0004.jpg

It is the colour combination (light grey interior) and specification that I wanted. Relatively low mileage. 2 owners. Full dealership history with stacks of receipts.

The 5 hour journey home was very comfortable. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Still one of the best looking cars for me which seduced me into buying one a few years ago...

Your one is very similar to the CL500BE I had except mine was Obsidian Black and that appears to be Magnetite Black?

I love the pillarless doors.

I never found it very comfortable on longer journeys but mine had boggo seats.

I did find the ride to be incredible even on those same 20s (I think ABC is standard in them).

It also felt like it was carved from a huge chunk of Granite.

Enjoy it!

Still one of the best looking cars for me which seduced me into buying one a few years ago...

Your one is very similar to the CL500BE I had except mine was Obsidian Black and that appears to be Magnetite Black?

I love the pillarless doors.

I never found it very comfortable on longer journeys but mine had boggo seats.

I did find the ride to be incredible even on those same 20s (I think ABC is standard in them).

It also felt like it was carved from a huge chunk of Granite.

Enjoy it!
Yes! It is Magnetite black. Good eyes!
It does feel very solid, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the ABC ride on the 20's.

But... then my other car is a track spec Mk5 Golf GTI running poly bushes, solid engine mounts and KW Clubsport coilovers haha.

I love the 4.7 cars with the smoothed out front wings and that fantastic engine. In the process of deciding what to replace the cls55 with and that is very much on the consideration list

Yes! It is Magnetite black. Good eyes!
It does feel very solid, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the ABC ride on the 20's.

But... then my other car is a track spec Mk5 Golf GTI running poly bushes, solid engine mounts and KW Clubsport coilovers haha.

I came from an AirMATIC E55K on 18s and that for me was a superb ride (very much a "soft" AMG).

Much better than anything I've driven before so it had a lot to live up to but did so admirably.

I love the 4.7 cars with the smoothed out front wings and that fantastic engine. In the process of deciding what to replace the cls55 with and that is very much on the consideration list

The 4.7TT is a peach. I was happy when I discovered my current successor (S500) had the same drivetrain.

I prefer the smoothed out wings of the facelift too. The pre-facelift just doesn't do it for me and I think it ages it more. The facelift looks timeless and is spot on.

I remember when I first test drove it - I was very impressed which was another reason I bought it.

Not wishing to steal the OP's thunder, this was my old steed:

Front.JPGRear.JPG

Not wishing to steal the OP's thunder, this was my old steed:

View attachment 123415
Thunder added to, not stolen :) She is beautiful. I'm tempted to clean up the rear end on mine and remove the CL500 badging, so the above photo is very useful. I think I'll do the deed and clean it up. Looks neat.

Thunder added to, not stolen :) She is beautiful. I'm tempted to clean up the rear end on mine and remove the CL500 badging, so the above photo is very useful. I think I'll do the deed and clean it up. Looks neat.

That's how mine came actually but I agree with you.

I tend to leave car badges as they come these days and have done since my last hot hatch in the late 90s.

Looks great OP. I recently picked up a 2010 CL500 myself silver with the grey interior. Very lovely things to drive, like a sportier, sleeker version of my S Class. Comparably comfortable and with similarly good ride!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom