My 3 Month Rover 75 Ownership Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators

It's sh!te !

Fair enough,and it is old sh!te. But in its day it was modern sh!te.

Mine wasn't.

Mine was the car from hell... Lost half it's value in 2 months. £250!

Mine was the car from hell... Lost half it's value in 2 months. £250!

After posting I clicked on the rover tag at the bottom of the page......yours was the same colour although you had leather :cool: :D

Just my opinion of course.

Can't compare it to the C32 but it's god damn slow, pulling out of junctions or onto roundabouts is difficult. Gone are the days of overtaking lines of caravans and lorries now I have to tuck in with all the other oap's or drop back 8 miles and take a run up and hope I've got the timing right whilst leaving a James Bond smoke screen behind me. Brakes are pants too.

It's a big heavy car that leaves you feeling exhausted if your using it round town and I hate the shape of the drivers door, if your not careful when you open it and if your standing too close it will try to slash your chest open.

And for me the roof is too low, when it's sunny and I use the sunvisor it completely blocks the view of the road so it's either sunglasses or drill two 25mm holes through it.

But it does have a nice cupholder :) and if I lived in a motorway layby and worked 5 junctions away in another layby it would be fine as it's comfy and cruises well.

As soon as I find a replacement for the C32 it's going on Ebay.......sooner the better!

My dad has one we bought them for a 50th wedding anniversary present from the three kids.

20K in 11 years.

Mine you, he's 84, so maybe therein lies the problem.

What engine do you have?

Last edited:
Should have kept the c32

Maybe but the replacements going to be just as rapid :cool:

My dad has one we bought them for a 50th wedding anniversary present from the three kids.

20K in 11 years.

Mine you, he's 84, so maybe therein lies the problem.

What engine do you have?

It's an 02 John with the 2.0Ltr BMW engine and covered 135k miles 5k of which we have put on it.

75 is a dog but the MG variants are fantastic I used to race one a ZT turbo then dropped down to the ZS both were brilliant race cars, you just had to polybush the suspension and a few minor tweaks would still give a few modern variants a run for there money, I was also lucky enough to drive the V8 variant which by todays standards at 260 bhp is not that great but it felt quick at the time.

Now I own one I see them everywhere, the Z(whatever there called) looks quite nice :eek:

Had a 2.0 V6 auto for several weeks back in '05.

Slow slow slow with a rotten auto gearbox setup that had to be kicked down to get it to do anything.

But.

It actually covered ground rather comfortably and quickly as long as you could deal with the inertia and maintain momentum.

I ended up not disliking it but with zero incliniation to own one - and feeling a bit sorry for a car that was a bit peculiar and a bit under developed.

I had one of the Club models when they were first introduced despite the negative pounding given by Clarkson.
Mine had the V6 2 litre petrol engine with manual box.
I was doing a lot of motorway miles at the time and found it to be an excellent cruiser, very comfortable. I covered over 90k miles with only one issue, a failed thermostst switch on the rad fan at 83k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom