My 560SEC - Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a lovely 560 SEC you have there. I've been looking at these here in Japan too, since they're rust free here. Have thought of buying one as they're bound to become classics in years to come if not already and they're cheap enough now.

Wheels and a little lowering may help, but if it were me I'd keep the original bumpers. AMG's bodykits look a bit dated in style now and won't be as good quality nor as stone chip resistant as original bumpers, especially once lowered.

Wheels and a little lowering may help, but if it were me I'd keep the original bumpers. AMG's bodykits look a bit dated in style now and won't be as good quality nor as stone chip resistant as original bumpers, especially once lowered.

Dated? Have you seen Jay's SEC? :cool:

jaymanek-albums-sec-amg-picture147-amgskirts.jpg

Does look nice, I have to admit :D

But looks like that can be high maintenance, or require very careful driving over obstacles, ramps, etc.

Mine's going in next week to have h&r springs fitted, so will be interested to see how much of an inconvenience speed bumps are. I agree that the front spoiler will affect that more but I no experiece of how much of a problem it is.

Its a massive problem... It wont get over speed bumps without having to come to a virtual stop... really annoys the people behind.

In fact there are roads that I know my car will just not get down!

worth it though!

has anyone seen the restored SEC in this months merc enthusiast? worth a look

I did. Very nice. The commentary was a little neutral, but then again, as said previously, I just can't help myself - been a fan of the sec for so long.

i was interested in the eibach pro kit for my 129, seems it lowers and improves handling without affecting ride

on the sec they chose the h and r for the same job, i wasnt sure if this would be considered 'blasphemous'

ps mblinko, i think urs has more class with the paint and interior, maybe consider the handling if you havnt already

Finally got round to taking some photos now it's been lowered. It's pretty good and clears 95% of speed bumps.

Attachments

• 023s.jpg
    023s.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 024s.jpg
    024s.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 025s.jpg
    025s.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 70
It wont clear the speed bumps with an AMG kit on!

That's the main reason why I've decided to sell the AMG body kit I have, plus I actually really like the way it looks now.

Mblinko, the kit you have for sale, is it the same as the one fitted on Jay's blue SEC on the previoues page, post 82 ???

I love the OZ split rims, they are the best wheel for the W126 only narrowly pipping Aero I's or BBS RS for that Period German Race car look.

The only thing that put me off fitting them to my own car was the 10" rear. They would just look better and provide more wheel arch clearance at 9". They do look good though.

I love the OZ split rims, they are the best wheel for the W126 only narrowly pipping Aero I's or BBS RS for that Period German Race car look.

The only thing that put me off fitting them to my own car was the 10" rear. They would just look better and provide more wheel arch clearance at 9". They do look good though.

Thanks. Thus far, I've not had any issues with arch clearance and I've exercised the suspension a little over speed bumps to try it out.

Mblinko, the kit you have for sale, is it the same as the one fitted on Jay's blue SEC on the previoues page, post 82 ???

It's a bit difficult to tell. Certainly my side skirts are one piece, AMG do different ones as I understand, don't know why though. Maybe someone else can help on that. There is a thread of mine in the for sale section with a link to them on eBay. There's a full description and good photos as well.

It's a complete Gen 1 kit and won't fit a Post 1985 car without quite a lot of modification.

Jay's car is a Gen II kit, all components are different.

It's a complete Gen 1 kit and won't fit a Post 1985 car without quite a lot of modification.

Jay's car is a Gen II kit, all components are different.

Correct it is a Gen 1 kit.

To say all components are different and it needs quite a lot of mods to fit a Gen2 car is not correct.

Rear skirt fits Gen 1 and Gen 2 bumpers without mods. Sides skirts fit Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars without mods. Front spoiler fits Gen 1 front bumper only without any mods. Gen 1 bumper fits Gen 2 car without mods. So, only mod is Gen 1 front bumper.

Swapping front bumpers on one of these is not an inexpensive thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom