My 996 project!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
The CLS is going so I bought myself a 996 911.
Reason being after short ownership of one last year I loved it!

I won't be in the country but I have a spare garage it will stay in whilst it's not going to be worked on! ( probably be used 3 weeks of the whole year)

Plus the cls would depreciate and the 996's are on the way back up now.

The silver one is my old one. The new one is a black 1999 3.4 GT3 kit carrera 2 manual.

Future plans:
Adjustable coilovers to be set up by jzm
Try and find myself some bbs rs/LM's or something along those lines,
Few bits of paint work, new exhaust system,
Gold or maybe red original bbs wheel refurb which will eventually run slicks.

This will be my toy and I hope to own it for a very very long time. I will upload photos when I collect it tomorrow evening.

Last edited:
I've never really been a huge fan of 911s but I did nearly buy an S reg (C4S I think it was?) in that colour or maybe a darker silver / grey colour.

For me it is the best shape.

However, the job I went for at M$ didn't work out so it never happened.

Good luck with it!

Mmmmm You'll soon get bored...they don't live up to expectations

Mmmmm ??Double post ??

I thought this was a Ducati thread!
Doh!! :-(

JohnEBoy said:
I've never really been a huge fan of 911s but I did nearly buy an S reg (C4S I think it was?) in that colour or maybe a darker silver / grey colour. For me it is the best shape. However, the job I went for at M$ didn't work out so it never happened. Good luck with it!

Same I never used to be a fan but after going on track days at spa and the noise, looks and everything about them I love them now! Yeah I don't want a c4 as I prefer rear wheel drive.

I didn't find my last one disappointing so I guess its horses for courses.

Here's the photos gents, after a swift drive tonight I absolutely remember why I love them.

Few issues to sort out! But overall it's a nice straight car which I will own for many years.

Last edited:
Looks great! Good luck with the project :)

I do prefer them with a spoiler - I suppose that comes from being a nipper in the late 70s and early 80s seeing the type 930s and other versions up until 1989.

Went off them after that until the 996 (especially the GT2!).

JohnEBoy said:
I do prefer them with a spoiler - I suppose that comes from being a nipper in the late 70s and early 80s seeing the type 930s and other versions up until 1989. Went off them after that until the 996 (especially the GT2!).

I agree. It gives it a more purposeful look.

Loved mine.

Enjoy.

Must admit to loving the GT3 in 996 guise but the C2 was not quite a sports car.

I'd still go back to one again, especially with the prices as they are now! I bought and sold at the wrong times! Sigh!!

No photos yet chaps but purchased coilovers and adjustable top mounts today, fantastic value in my opinion.... Your thoughts?
http://pbbrakes.com/porsche-911-996-2wd-coilover-suspension-kit.html

Original wheels are being paints a bright red with polished lip, few others bits like window wiper arms being painted, front bumper being done. Can't wait to see it once the work is done.

After Shock said:
Must admit to loving the GT3 in 996 guise but the C2 was not quite a sports car. I'd still go back to one again, especially with the prices as they are now! I bought and sold at the wrong times! Sigh!!

Errm I know what you're saying about it not being a sports car, but this is why I'm turning it into one, it has such a fantastic engine.... Having had a cls55 I have got to say this is no slouch, use it properly and for track use especially the power is much more suitable! I love n/a Porsche flat six's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom