My account has been expired!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Or so the nice people at "applie.com" would have me believe. Apparently if I don't confirm my billing details within 24 hours my account will be "Permenatly Closed"!

To update all I have to do is click their secure link and "confirm my informations".

Well...I'm convinced! I shall get onto it pronto.

Would that be their Nigerian branch?

Have to admit that I must have had several accounts closed by ignoring them, but they still keep trying! :doh:

No sh!te Sherlock.... :)

Hmm, sounds similar to the emails I got from paypaI.com.

I immediately clicked the link and updated my details - I didn't want to not be able to pay for things.

:thumb:

JohnEBoy said:
Hmm, sounds similar to the emails I got from paypaI.com. I immediately clicked the link and updated my details - I didn't want to not be able to pay for things. :thumb:

Very wise. Should never take chances with money things!

Even if the scammers do manage to get a few thousands off your PayPal account, no need to worry because you will get it all back and more when you receive the $8m inheritance left to you by your Nigerian great Aunt who you never knew existed.

Ingenious, aren't they? I dealt with one Nigerian gentleman who was carrying, among other things, the paperwork regarding his County Court claim for the £7m he was owed by the National Lottery, because he had had all the winning numbers on his ticket. Indeed he had, but not all on the same line...

His case was that as the ticket he received did not specifically state that they must all be on the same line, he was entitled to the jackpot. The judge had a good laugh, and threw it out forthwith.

It struck me then, and still does, that only a Nigerian (well, all right then, West African) scammer would be ingenious enough to think of that, and stupid enough to think that it might succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom