My AMG A35 delivery has been placed on hold so they can remove the park assist as required by EU law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBA35

Car
Jaguar XE
Hi everyone, I am new here and have joined in anticipation of receiving my new AMG A35 which I ordered 3 weeks ago. I haven't been impressed with Mercedes so far and I haven't even got the car yet. I was told to expect delivery a week ago but after no communication I called them to find out what was going on only to find out my order has been put on hold so they can "update" the car to remove the automatic self parking feature as required by some EU law. I was pretty disappointed as I thought this was a cool feature! The sales person then told me this is happening at every car manufacturer on all 2021 cars - "there are no cars being made by anyone this year that can park themselves" is what he said. This can't be true surely? I checked with Volkswagen to gauge what's happening with their cars and the rep said all of their 2021 cars will come with the self parking if selected. The manager at Mercedes is going to call me tomorrow as I asked for some sort of compensation as I'm not paying for a feature that is on my order sheet that has been disabled! I'm also really annoyed that I'm going to have a button in the car that doesn't do anything. In two minds over cancelling the order entirely. Was anyone else aware Mercedes were disabling this feature and has this happened to anyone else? Did you get any money back or anything?

Anybody as I do frequenting this forum regularly would be hard pushed not to admit that life seems somewhat troubled at MB main dealerships at the moment. Like you, I would be extremely irritated had I been treated in such an offhand manner, and like you, would question my hard earned travelling in their direction. Best of luck moving forward.

I’ve had and got parking assist on my cars - hardly use it ever. You can park an A35 with your eyes closed. Too good a car to cancel unless ..... you buy a Golf R.

Errr. We are not in the EU any more so why would they delete this feature?

Please use the exisiting large thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom