My AMG GTR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Housey

Car
AMG GTR
Taken by the gentleman I bought it from, but he did such a brilliant job...

IMG_6469.JPGIMG_6468.JPG
IMG_6470.JPG
IMG_6472.JPGIMG_6471.JPG
IMG_6474.JPG
IMG_6519.JPGIMG_6481.JPGIMG_6476.JPGIMG_6532.JPGIMG_6541.JPG

Second owner, 3,990 miles on delivery, pampered and dry use only pretty much.....Now 7,600 miles in last 3 months all use, but still pampered.

Track Pack
Ceramics
Buckets
Burmeister
Lightweight wheels
Some other stuff
No carbon.

My preference and it looks incredible when just parked up too :D

That is one beautiful car stunning as Bobby said great colour 🚐 👍

Thanks for the positive comments and thumbs up. It's not been without its problems and these seem to me a very temperamental car, which has surprised me somewhat. I chose this over a McLaren as I felt it would be less bothersome...

I had a suspension fault about 2 weeks in, all fixed under warranty for zero cost to me, but a common problem with engine mounts and I believe a £4K fix cost as they all needed to be replaced.

It has on 2 occasions decided the traction control was not working, both times due to shifting back and forth in a tight space at 3mph speeds to get the car out, full lock etc causing sensors to crap themselves. Resolution involved turning it off and on again...

It has on 2 further occasions gone into a limp mode when I hit the rev limiter. I of course don't ever aim for the limiter as that is pointless, but on 2 occasions it did not register a manual up change so hit it, going into limp mode with an engine management light showing. Resolution also involved turning it off and on again...

I love the car, but I would like it just to work and keep working please.

Very nice car 🙂

Cracking motor!

Did you ever used to frequent any BMW forums in the past Housey (BM3W)?

I seem to remember a Housey from somewhere with the Mr Men avatar.

The very same 👍

Moved to a couple of private forums these days full of the old faces.

I'm not sure I ever spoke to you much personally but your forum name combined with the avatar, which is pretty distinctive, seemed to stick...

I remember Matt calling it a day on BM3W and then M3Torque started, carried on for a bit but then I think Neil (?) eventually pulled the plug although by then I think it had run it's course.

It was a great forum for many years much like this one is now.

I'm not sure I ever spoke to you much personally but your forum name combined with the avatar, which is pretty distinctive, seemed to stick...

I remember Matt calling it a day on BM3W and then M3Torque started, carried on for a bit but then I think Neil (?) eventually pulled the plug although by then I think it had run it's course.

It was a great forum for many years much like this one is now.
It was and I still chat with many many of the members. I’m off to do NC500 with Anis next week. Chat with Elliot a fair bit and many many more weekly. We are all on PGT invited by Angus around 2006 who sadly passed away.

It was and I still chat with many many of the members. I’m off to do NC500 with Anis next week. Chat with Elliot a fair bit and many many more weekly. We are all on PGT invited by Angus around 2006 who sadly passed away.

Remember the names but the memories are much hazier now!

I remember Angus. Top bloke. I knew he'd passed over sadly. Very sad although I think I saw a picture of him looking very unwell not long before he passed.

I think I might have mentioned him once or twice when relevant and that rather splendid SL65. Definitely left a mark!

Bright red SL65 | Spotted on eBay!

I'm going to see this at the weekend.... | General Discussion

Sad news. | OT (OFF Topic) Forums

Very rare E55K | Spotted on eBay!

SL55 AMG pre purchase inspection? | AMG Lounge

SL65 | Spotted on eBay!

Remember the names but the memories are much hazier now!

I remember Angus. Top bloke. I knew he'd passed over sadly. Very sad although I think I saw a picture of him looking very unwell not long before he passed.

I think I might have mentioned him once or twice when relevant and that rather splendid SL65. Definitely left a mark!

Bright red SL65 | Spotted on eBay!

I'm going to see this at the weekend.... | General Discussion

Sad news. | OT (OFF Topic) Forums

Very rare E55K | Spotted on eBay!

SL55 AMG pre purchase inspection? | AMG Lounge

SL65 | Spotted on eBay!
It was pink of course 😂

Beautiful looking car 👍

Simply stunning car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom