My B Class W246 has decided to stop working!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ssldn

Hi,

Having been the very happy owner of a 2014 B Class B180 CDI for 3 years, last night it decided to cut out. My wife was driving and there was a sudden loss of power, then the engine cut out completely as she pulled to the side of the road.

Since then, we have checked the battery and fuel, both seem OK. The auxillery belt is an obvious problem, as it's shredding like a Cheesestring, but would that stop the car starting?

Thanks for any help.

If it meant your alternator was failing to charge the battery then yes. Poly V belt shredding may be down to something that's driven by the belt has seized.

Turns out it's worse than I thought - the cambelt has gone! Not ideal, but just hope that's the only issue.

The OM607 is basically a Renault engine Renault K-Type engine - Wikipedia
The cambelt should be changed at certain MB service intervals [ mileage or age] so you have to suspect its never been done. :( The part itself is cheap but due to the transverse location of the engine ACCESS is a lengthy process.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That really sucks :( My g/f has one of those. Think its coming up for 50,000 miles. What mileage is your B class when this happened ? Worst thing thats happened is exhaust valve stuck.

Turns out it's worse than I thought - the cambelt has gone! Not ideal, but just hope that's the only issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom