My beautiful car - Motorway smash PIC!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thefibreguy

Car
2012 Range Rover Sport
Guys,

My pride & joy S211 2003 E270CDI, was rear ended on the M4 today. Was stopped in traffic, but the guy 2 cars back did not!! He smacked into the car behind me, who then smacked into me, & I kissed the car in front!!!

To say I was p**ssed off, was an understatement!!!

I really hope she is repairable. All doors open & close, & rear 1/4s look ok. Cant open the tailgate to see internal damage, but its safe to say my AMG rear bumper has had it. Took me a almost a year to get hold of one!!

Front bumper has been dented, & is vibrating badly. It was so lucky I had not fitted my new AMG front bumper!!!!

Gonna fight tooth & nail to get it repaired to as it was, with the AMG bumper!!

Last edited:
Guys,

My pride & joy was rear ended on the M4 today. Was stopped in traffic, but the guy 2 cars back did not!! He smacked into the car behind me, who then smacked into me, & I kissed the car in front!!!

To say I was p**ssed off, was an understatement!!!

I really hope she is repairable. All doors open & close, & rear 1/4s look ok. Cant open the tailgate to see internal damage, but its safe to say my AMG rear bumper has had it.

Front bumper has been dented, & is vibrating badly. It was so lucky I had not fitted my new AMG front bumper!!!!

Gonna fight tooth & nail to get it repaired as it was!!

Sorry to hear this I've been there and it's not nice during or after and I hope no one was hurt. It's the shock and then all the hassle it brings. Remember even if they do write it off you can always take the money and then buy it back and repair it, I've done that with 2 of my families cars, the insurance company usually sell it back for the salvage price, well at least Admiral and More Than did.

Good luck in getting it all sorted :thumb:

Glad you're OK!

That looks repairable. My E270 looked awful but was fine after repair, just make sure the paint is done well!

Painful,looks like the tailgate and bumper have absorbed the impact,I hope it has not damaged the boot floor,mores the point,hope you are ok.

Cheers guys, I did hit my head hard against the headrest, But am feeling better already!! have had 3 calls from claims companies already, & its a Sunday!!!

The car that was in the middle was a right off, had a family of 4, & the 8yo boy got taken into hospital, but I have been told he is ok. What was annoying, was that the guy who caused it, did not ask how anyone else was!! He just stood away from us all. He is claiming the breaks in his brand new Peugeot 508 Hire car failed!!!!

Last edited:
Our old S211 looked similar to that (and the tailgate didn't open); the boot floor was buckled and it was written off. Salvage value was less than £1k so we took it as part of settlement and disposed via eBay (in about 20 minutes)!

I feel for you, but glad you are okay.

Bad luck! Hope it all works out in the end.

Remember, if you buy it back and repair it, it will be harder to sell on as a write-off. Some insurance companies don't even insure written-off vehicles these days.

Good Luck.

Bad luck! Hope it all works out in the end.

Remember, if you buy it back and repair it, it will be harder to sell on as a write-off. Some insurance companies don't even insure written-off vehicles these days.

Good Luck.

That depends how they write it off and if it's recorded ;)

i think you should whip the bumper off it and try to save it. Once an insurance company gets their hands on the car I doubt you'll see it again

Nick Froome

Sorry to hear that and hope you sort it all out. Similar happened to me on the M4 slip road some years ago and I ended up with key hole surgery on my right shoulder following whiplash from the collision.

Suggest you keep a detailed record of any aches and pains for a period just in case.

Tried getting some bits out of the boot, but could only access via the cabin, but I was unable to fold down rear seats cos the rear seat belts have locked!! I had to unbolt them from the chassis, & even without the tension, they will not recoil. Is this supposed to happen after a rear end collision? how can I get them to retract?

Regards

Your rear pre tensioners have fired in the accident so will need to be replaced.

Sorry to see this, but glad you're okay. We were once involved in a same scenario accident, which was quite an insurance rigmarole relating to who claims from who, but fortunately their problem and not yours. As a side issue, had you notified your insurer about the bumper upgrade?

2003 S211 with front and rear damage= write off almost certainly-- start looking at the classifieds for good examples of replacement vehicles for valuation of your car would be my advice. Sorry.:(

Glad no one got hurt.

It's a strong car so you should be fine with a new tailgate and some repairs.

Also keep in mind that you will be claiming off the other party's policy (not your own) which means you have much more room to negotiate if they try to write it off against your will.

From experience, the other party's insurers are likely to be reasonable, however if they do give you grief, then I suggest you get an accident management company involved (just make sure it is a reputable one!).

My rather pessimistic prognosis is based on cost of an insurance authorised repair V the valuation of the 10 year old car. - which is I fear the sum the insurance company will do. Based on a rough figure of around £4k for a 130,000 miles + car

Last edited:
My rather pessimistic prognosis is based on cost of an insurance authorised repair V the valuation of the 10 year old car. - which is I fear the sum the insurance company will do. Based on a rough figure of around £4k for a 130,000 miles + car

I didn't realise it was a 2003 car, in that case I agree looks like a write off from the pics but hard to tell unless you've seen it. It's not only the material and parts damage but there looks to be a lot of labour needed to put it right. Still as I posted earlier might be worth seeing if you can get it back off the insurance company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom