My beer festival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

Ashley

My mini easter beer festival is coming up.

We will be putting on 38 beers over 4 days. For a bit of fun I thought it would be good to see what beers you all would like to see.

I'm a lager drinker myself so I'd have to go with Peroni Nastro Azzuro.

Although I did sample one or two of the local brews in Brussels a few years back - Kwak being a particular favourite.

We sell kwak draught often and always in bottle (i think the glass sells the beer) and will be having it on draught for the festival. As for Peroni Nastro Azzuro we only sell Pils on draught.

Below are our draught produts plus 3 draught guest beers and then we have on 8 real ales and a cask cider.

Warsteiner Premium Verum (German: Pilsner)
Leffe Blonde (Belgium: Abbey Ale)
Leffe Brune (Belgium: Abbey Ale)
Hoegaarden Witbier (Belgim: Wheat Beer)
Budweiser Budvar (Czech Republic: Pilsner)
König Ludwig (German: Weissbier)
Kaltenberg (German: Pilsner)
Guinness (Irish: Stout)
Kingston Press Cider (England: Cider)

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the real ales?

Adnams Broadside is particularly nice, as is Fullers London Pride.

For preference Timothy Taylors Landlord or Tetley Imperial if you can get it on draught but there are some good beers coming from the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham.

I remember enjoying a weekend supping Whitby Force 9 but I dont think it's available anymore.

Oh and I have a vague memory from the Norfolk Broads and a brew called Woodefordes Headcracker, more of a draught barley wine than a beer but it did exactly what it said on the tin. :eek:

I tried Elf not so long back.. that was good... Like my Leffe's though

No Chance of this though?? De Gayant, La Biere du Demon?? 12%

Last edited:
zooman said:
My mini easter beer festival is coming up.

We will be putting on 38 beers over 4 days. For a bit of fun I thought it would be good to see what beers you all would like to see.
As a Man of Kent, I would be more than happy to see some Shepherd Neame beer served up, to be honest if there was only one served, I would pick the EARLY BIRD SPRING HOP ALE this time of year, but there are a few others I would like to see at any beer festival

tried a brew at the Manchester fest called "absolution" which was a belter!
absolution.jpg

Last edited:
La Bière du Démon is nice considering that it is 12% (I'm sure I can get a crate for the g2g guess you and I will not be diving for a few days) and is still very pale. Although I would not order it if I had a choice between that and say if Westmalle Tripel was available BTW I also prefer pale ales. As for Tetley Imperial it is a pain to get hold of and then it never sells but on the plus side it keeps for around 20 days (that's true), with out checking like IPA it was made extra strong for the boat journey. we have Landlord on most weekends and will also be on the Easter Weekend.

And diesel unsure which beers but both Adnams (Oyster Stout) & Fullers will be here.

I going to do the poster tonight and will post what we have so far decided on.

When I lived in germany the local draught brew was called Diebels Alt. Dark German beer with a nice flavour and a bit of a kick. The other I liked there was a Dutch beer called Orangieboom (spelt wrong I know) You can get it here in a tin but its far far better out of a pump, plus it kicks like a mule :eek:

Very fond of Martini Weissbeir

I like Pedigree. Keep meaning to go to the Beer Festival when its on in Burton. Brewing Capital of the country :D

Thmsshaun said:
I like Pedigree. Keep meaning to go to the Beer Festival when its on in Burton. Brewing Capital of the country :D

Do you know when the next one is??:)

Did'nt realise Vaux Brewery had gone, i just wondered if they still did the scotch ale.. oh well

Last edited:
Thmsshaun said:
What's still brewed in Burton?;)

British Larger and Keg Bitter don't count as that not so much brewed as manufactured

zooman said:
What's still brewed in Burton?;)

British Larger and Keg Bitter don't count as that not so much brewed as manufactured

Marstons brewery is still in Burton. Went for a very enjoyable tour of it last year (the wife drove home!!). Marstons Pedigree is still a great beer brewed in a traditional brewery.

Our local micro brewery - Flower Pots at Cheriton - has a very nice brew called Pots Ale; not particularly strong but extremely nice flavour, and they've won loads of awards.

National beers wise I'd have to go for Wadsworth 6X, London Pride, Black Sheep or Adnams SSB.

Now that would have been a great GTG , a nice weekend in Cumbria, followed by several hundred beers ........

We are already fully booked for Easter and when they leave they will book again for next year. We may do 2 festivals this year the last in October. It is a big step because although we take a small fortune on the bar, we don't sell any food so it is a trade off. That is why it works so well at Easter as we sell every bed (and them some) to one big group. We take them on Saturday on an open top bus trip into the lakes stopping at a brew pub for beer and food, and the rest of the nights we do Curry etc as one big setting at a group price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom