My Black C43 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Olly its worth 10 k all day long that car. I see it before the conversion and it was absolutely spot on!

It's all back to standard now.

I fitted a new gear selector today and having the bumper painted agin tomorrow as it isn't quite perfect.

Agree'd, a mint C43 and I mean mint through and through with everything done to a high standard is worth 10k+

Good luck Olly, I agree with Charles. Make sure it goes to someone that will appreciate it, like yourself. Between the two of us we have looked after it for 10 years. Hope it goes to a Forum Member, keep it in the family, or some you know.

Last edited:
Agree'd, a mint C43 and I mean mint through and through with everything done to a high standard is worth 10k+

The proof will be in the selling, however I suspect given the mileage £8k is more realistic.

Good luck with the sale Olly.

I love this car, as you know I'm a C43 fan and wish I could have it, it just looks right:thumb:

Good luck mate - I just bought a 500E or would be seriously interested as I have mentioned in the past. If my purchase falls through I will be over for a look-see. £10k is strong for a C43 but given that there are not many around in decent nick with this spec I think it's not far off its value.

The work that has gone into it, I don't think there is better out there.

It owes me £22k

Just looked again, there is a typographical infelicity in the Title of the ad it says Prestine rather than Pristine (which is obviously correct in the body of the ad it's so merely fat fingers).

I would suggest amending it in case people get the wrong idea.

Edit - and in your link via your ad in the for sale section.

Last edited:
The proof will be in the selling, however I suspect given the mileage £8k is more realistic.

I don't agree, mine and Olly's C43's have been fully restored throughout. Mileage of the car means nothing when the engine, gearbox, suspension and brakes have been upgraded/renewed.
If you found a low mileage one it would of been sat around for years and be in a worse condition under the skin.

I wouldn't let mine go for under 10k would rather keep it as the value will only rise on a 16 year old Classic Car :thumb:

Great car

what happened to the S/C 55 donkey ?

I don't agree, mine and Olly's C43's have been fully restored throughout. Mileage of the car means nothing when the engine, gearbox, suspension and brakes have been upgraded/renewed.
If you found a low mileage one it would of been sat around for years and be in a worse condition under the skin.

I wouldn't let mine go for under 10k would rather keep it as the value will only rise on a 16 year old Classic Car :thumb:

The old engine with that mileage has gone back in though hasn't it? It's not like it's been rebuilt? Any car approaching 100k miles has a stigma about it - whether that's right or wrong is open for debate.

I don't think a C43 qualifies as a classic car just yet - and there's no guarantee that prices go up - it's all about supply and demand. People have generally bought them as they're an entry-level AMG offering decent performance at a price.

The old engine with that mileage has gone back in though hasn't it? It's not like it's been rebuilt? Any car approaching 100k miles has a stigma about it - whether that's right or wrong is open for debate.

I don't think a C43 qualifies as a classic car just yet - and there's no guarantee that prices go up - it's all about supply and demand. People have generally bought them as they're an entry-level AMG offering decent performance at a price.

With the upmost respect, if you see either the car is question, or Justin1600's car, you will see why they put a high price on them.
They are literally immaculate. They want for nothing and you won't find fault with them.
At the end of the day, a car is only worth what someone will pay for it. If a car sells for £10k, then it's worth 10k.

Is a McLaren F1 worth £5-6m? Maybe not, but if that is what people are willing to pay, then yes, they are.:crazy:

I agree entirely - and as I've said the proof is in the selling. With the utmost respect to all C43 owners I can't see anyone paying £10k for one regardless of condition.

Ierton said:
I agree entirely - and as I've said the proof is in the selling. With the utmost respect to all C43 owners I can't see anyone paying £10k for one regardless of condition.

Correct two sold recently for £13k each.

Lovely example Olly and I am sure to the right person it should be worth £10k IMHO. If you can afford to wait, hold on as I am sure someone will pay £10k for the right car.

I have been seriously thinking about it! However I couldn't get rid of the Maser itch and have taken the plunge ;) A nice 4200 is now in my garage all tucked up nice, warm & dry. A lucky find as it is a one owner from new with only 11,500 miles. A smidge more than your 43 but worth it I think.

Good luck with the sale...spring will sell it.

Lovely example Olly and I am sure to the right person it should be worth £10k IMHO. If you can afford to wait, hold on as I am sure someone will pay £10k for the right car.

I have been seriously thinking about it! However I couldn't get rid of the Maser itch and have taken the plunge ;) A nice 4200 is now in my garage all tucked up nice, warm & dry. A lucky find as it is a one owner from new with only 11,500 miles. A smidge more than your 43 but worth it I think.

Good luck with the sale...spring will sell it.

Good luck with the 4200 :) I had a 2004 4200GT - great engine but the rest of the car was a pain in the neck :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom