My Brabus modified SLK55 AMG (Dans)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

television

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
R230 SL500
Hi Dan,, I see in the bottom picture that its CLASS11, 240volt as well:) its a very nice looking car and the real thing

That is really nice Dan !

Good work fella ! :rock:

Hi Dan,, I see in the bottom picture that its CLASS11, 240volt as well:) its a very nice looking car and the real thing

Thanks mate

Remember i said a while back that instead of using a battery charger and having to get under the bonnet all the time to get at the battery i was using an external transformer to keep the voltage constant well when i got the car home i realized the nice encased harness i had was not long enough and wanting to see if it was working i went hunting for some flex that could handle the current and that is what i found.

When i upload some new pics i will get one of it's replacement that's much more suited to the purpose, all enclosed in some toughened plastic with watertight connections.

What is that red trailing cable for going from the front bumper?

It's power, the car spends a lot of time in storage and with that feed the battery is always kept at 12.7 volts when its installed and i can also keep the car powered up with the battery removed, the Driver SAM automatically connects the feed to the electrical system when Circuit 15R is powered down.

Saves me having to open the bonnet all the time or having the car alarm go off when the battery gets low.

Nice car

What are the performance figures before and after of that. :)

I have been in my old Boss's E55 Estate and it felt awesome so cannot imagine in in a small slk and roof down :) :)

Thanks for pics but more wanted :)

Absolutely stunning....... do you have the twin tone leather?:bannana:

What are the performance figures before and after of that. :)

Well stock is 360BHP so thats hardly lacking in a car as small as the SLK and the 'normal' 0-60 from various auto mag's and testing friends have done with track's and timing kit seems to be about 4.3 so its a fast little thing.

It was then given 400BHP with Brabus mod's then the engine was basically dismantled and re-built using lightweight components and certain parts from a bigger brother to bring the final output to over 500 horses (currently looking into other ways to keep her output up but with slightly less stress on the engine).

Also threw in a few additional parts like racing headers but i need to get them put on the emissions kit and check the noise before i drive with them everyday so its just track use for them.

do you have the twin tone leather?:bannana:

I thought about it but i could not find a colour that i really thought meshed well with the exterior so i stayed with the all-black, if i did it again i would have the exterior painted in Designo mocha black with red and black leather.

500 bhp

I'm liking that a lot....

Badge it up SLK200

Whats it like with rear tyres, and the traction bulb must be working overtime.

Badge it up SLK200

Whats it like with rear tyres, and the traction bulb must be working overtime.

It was badged Brabus B55 but it was getting too much unwanted attention so i removed them and left the tail clean for ages but since i prefer the look of it with them on i went back to the stock badges.

The ESP had to be re-programmed to relax it a little bit but that was a personal thing, it could have been kept stock and done the job OK but for anything other than a mild acceleration you would have to turn the ASR part of the system off.

Rear tyres needed to be changed from stock 245's (way too small even for the SLK350's output no matter a modded 55) to 265's and replaced every 6 months or so, front's are every 12.

we need pics of the engine compartment .. and also the mod process .. please

Have you considered fitting an LSD/Torsen diff?

Fitted an LSD after the initial mod and it made a real improvement but i was still getting the ESP cutting in under acceleration, apparently the Kleemann is a good setup so i might invest in one and see whats its like when fitted but that will have to wait unfortunately.

we need pics of the engine compartment .. and also the mod process .. please

I remember you asking from last time mate, will take care of it.

Very nice car. Can't wait to see what Kleemann parts you might add other than LSD.

apparently the Kleemann is a good setup so i might invest in one
The Kleemann LSD is overpriced purely due to the name it carries. Have a look into the Quaife Torsen diff that www.birdsauto.com sells. Unlike the multiplated friction LSD, a spider geared Torsen diff is less intrusive on the ESP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom