My Bumpers are a bit dull- advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
My Bumpers are a bit dull- advice please

Now I am mechanically sound the bumpers are duller than the steel bits which has puzzled me and I need to ask (Black / Green Met)

A, They were always duller paint tech wasnt as good as it is now ?!?

B, They age disproportionately to the rest of the car

C, Its had an accident and a cheaper spray fix (doubt it they look gen)

If I get them sprayed up will it look silly / unoriginal or much nicer (opinion please) the silver ones dont have this issue but I have noticed it on red ones.

Red bumpers on a black car would look silly...:p

Do you mean the finish is less shiney, if so it may be because the bumper plastic is a stippled finish so makes the paint flat looking. If you mean they are shiney but sswirly then just polish them up.

:D PS..I enjoy short responses...that was my shortest yet.:D But actually that's the way they are meant to be...

Last edited:
Thanks (as ever guys) DM they are factory dull, IA2 happy to help you set the record !!! I can live with it or get it sorted Ian are your SL60 bumpers a duller shade I have noticed (only from photos on autotrader) some colours are more effected than others

Thanks (as ever guys) DM they are factory dull, IA2 happy to help you set the record !!! I can live with it or get it sorted Ian are your SL60 bumpers a duller shade I have noticed (only from photos on autotrader) some colours are more effected than others

The pics seem to show the bumpers being a little less dull than they appear to the eye. That said, the contrast is not as pronounced as on the 500. It is Almandine red and the contrast is definitely more pronounced.
No pics to hand tho.

Last edited:
If they are the correct colour, but just dull, why not get them laquered?
Have you tried polishing them with a rotary buffer or similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom