my c180 is giving me 30-40 miles for £10 petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shala

Car
S350 CDI 2010
its a w202 c180 (1998) auto. I feel its drinking alot of petrol for a 1.8. I know the petrol price is £1.06 a litre but I think the cars running unefficient. I think that works out to be 14 to 19 mpg. Can anyone give me some advice.

Thanks

Shala:)

Last edited:
Just go to an MOT testing station and ask them to check the exhaust content,, it only takes a few mins on a warm engine. This will tell you a lot.

The air fiter may need replacing, when was it last changed

last year. the mot guy told me the car's not running efficient. I got a "sensor on a long lead" changed on the car like an auto-electrician told me but it didnt make a difference. electrician told me its ether the lead or cat converter but the code was showing its the lead. that cost me about £100 to change. forget which one. I've been told it could be the fuel filter. The guy had to rev the hell out the car to pass teh MOT test.

Shala

Last edited:
That would have been the O2 sensor. You will have to go to an Indie with STAR and have the parameters checked or set up on the ECE by the sound of it,, though its odd that the Lamp is not on, unless the guy that changed the sensor did something wrong.
Some car do get through the test better after a high speed hard run

I had the O2 sensor changed after the MOT. sorry my writings all over the house. Everyone tells me it could be the filter. I cant afford to keep taking to auto-electrician as it cost £50 each time. Also the car dropped off the jack while the wheel was off when I was changing the rear passanger wheel. So now I hear a squeaking every now & then. had taht examined & they say nothings wrong. I thing the handbrake cable might be messed up sometime it'll make the noise & sometimes it doesnt. So I feel I'm driving with the brakes on :confused:

The car coming off the jack normally bends the back plate on the brake, just by jacking and turning the wheel with the hand brake off,you will hear it , but you do need to do this on level ground and do chock the other wheels

last year. the mot guy told me the car's not running efficient. I got a "sensor on a long lead" changed on the car like an auto-electrician told me but it didnt make a difference. electrician told me its ether the lead or cat converter but the code was showing its the lead. that cost me about £100 to change. forget which one. I've been told it could be the fuel filter. The guy had to rev the hell out the car to pass teh MOT test.

Shala

Surely this suggests the problem isnt the handbrake, but the state of your current tune?

where can i take it tobe tuned? I know I'll need to take the car tobe serviced. especially as I don't trust the last service the guy has done at a dodgy garage nearby

croydon

you think its still the sensor?

Follow my link above, talk to Olly and go from there.
He has all the equipment.
One trip should sort out your problem, whereas, although members on here are very helpful, you don't want to be changing part after part to get the same result.

have sent him a message. waiting for responce. cheers guys

is it cheap to buy the service parts from mercedes. are teh eurocarpats service pasrt as good as mercedes dealers?

is it cheap to buy the service parts from mercedes. are teh eurocarpats service pasrt as good as mercedes dealers?

That depends on what you are buying, some things are better from dealers and others from Bosch, GSF or Euro

Last edited:
some parts are made for merc by other companies. like batteries /maf and sensors.
Better to get them from the company than merc. cheaper and original as well

where would you recommend. only other place i know is eurocarparts

just call bosch to ask for their local dealer or service centre.
ces uk is another one for sensors

http://www.cesuk.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom