My C55 (202) Respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As promised some more pics,

DSCF4050.jpg

DSCF4046.jpg

DSCF4047.jpg

DSCF4048.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

DSCF4049.jpg

Hi Andy. Which bodyshop are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

If you drop me a PM, i,ll give you their details, as I,m a bit reluctant to post their name on here, though my friend said it would be ok I would rather err on the side of caution as some companies don,t welcome it.

A good painter will not bounce the paint causing orange peel,flattening before top coat(lacquer) is matter of course for the Lacquer to bond and give true colour.

Nope sorry, you do NOT flat the base unless for whatever reason you have to, imperfections or simply based up and not cleared within reasonable time.

Looking good :)

did painter remove the rubber sealing around your sunroof before masking with ducktape?

sunroof is being painted as a last part?

time for you to tuck away your car soon if you don't wanna drive it in winter.

did painter remove the rubber sealing around your sunroof before masking with ducktape?

sunroof is being painted as a last part?

time for you to tuck away your car soon if you don't wanna drive it in winter.

Really not sure whether he removd the weather strip around the sunroof, as I said i have,nt seen the car since they picked it up, but I would think they did.
I do intend to still use it in the winter but not as much as I have done.
I,m not lucky enough to have a garage, so it has to be kept on the driveway, but i,m considering a cover for it.

If you want a cover, I got a fantastic one from Covercraft.. Its the Noah one.. perfect fit but not cheap!

p.s. if you ever put your car up for sale ill be first in line!

If you want a cover, I got a fantastic one from Covercraft.. Its the Noah one.. perfect fit but not cheap!

p.s. if you ever put your car up for sale ill be first in line!

Thank you Jay that is praise indeed.

I,ll do a google and take a look at the covercraft web site, I have always been concerned about scratching the car as you take the cover on/off, what sort of material is the cover lined with?

you should be driving your car when it's a dry non snowing day, when salttrucks don't molest your car with salt.
you had all cancer cured on your car, but it will come back if you continue driving it in winter, that's unfortunately bad for your car.
do you have friends with large storage buildings or garage, maybe you can rent a small space for cheap.

painting all panels separately must be the best way to get a HQ finish on each panel?
car will be great after this botox treatment. :thumb:

Its a very soft material, especially on the inside.
When you feel it, you would think its porous, but its not, it keeps the weather out perfectly...

I think it was circa £250 for my estate.

p.s. whilst its in I would ask them to give the car a thorough waxoyl underneath and the inside of all the panels once painted. May cost a couple hundred but worth doing.

Well he worked yesterday to start putting the top/finishing coat on and sent me some pics looks a superb finish though i,ll reserve my judgement till i have seen it in the flesh so to speak.

20121005_213501_resized.jpg

20121005_213449_resized.jpg

20121005_213443_resized.jpg

20121005_213430_resized.jpg

20121005_213424_resized.jpg

Wow that looks good... how long have they had the car?

Remember that any imperfections in the top coat will be taken care of with polishing.

Very nice, looking forward to seeing the final photos. Lovely colour.

Wow that looks good... how long have they had the car?

Remember that any imperfections in the top coat will be taken care of with polishing.

They have had the car for 5 weeks, start of the 6th week tomorrow but I anticipate getting it back the latter part of next week.

how much did this cost? 2-3k??? omg, i paid £1500 for my van to be resprayed, body kit molded and fitted, and colour coding! i thought i payed alot!!!!

2-3k is very reasonable for the amount of work undertaken!

Think yourself lucky you don't come to my bodyshop, prices start at 5k........ :)

Looking good, it's going to be lovely once done

Think yourself lucky you don't come to my bodyshop, prices start at 5k........ :)

How on earth can respray prices 'start' at £5k?

What do you paint, ships?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom