My C55 (202) Respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a very good job there Andy, my C36 should be going in for the full works in a couple of weeks as well, I'll try and post a thread as informative as yours.

I went to the local MB Approved bodyshop near me and they wanted £5700 without the doing the roof, and thats with me supplying a new bonnet, front bumper, and two front wings, though the prices i was being quoted generally ranged from £2.5-£4k. I even had one that said that he would,nt want to do it as he implied I had come across to fussy lol.

I went to the local MB Approved bodyshop near me and they wanted £5700 without the doing the roof, and thats with me supplying a new bonnet, front bumper, and two front wings, though the prices i was being quoted generally ranged from £2.5-£4k. I even had one that said that he would,nt want to do it as he implied I had come across to fussy lol.

Against my better judgement, I used a 'Mercedes approved' repair centre (Advance Accident Repairs Chesterfield) when someone bumped into my W211 E320 CDi Sport and for what they charged, they were amateurish; ill fitting wing, runs in the paint, car delivered to me covered in some sort of sap (which they said came from being sat under six month old trees for four days :rolleyes:)

Last edited by a moderator:
SPX said:
Against my better judgement, I used a 'Mercedes approved' repair centre (Advance Auto Repairs Chesterfield) when someone bumped into my W211 E320 CDi Sport and for what they charged, they were amateurish; ill fitting wing, runs in the paint, car delivered to me covered in some sort of sap (which they said came from being sat under six month old trees for four days :rolleyes:)

Sadly approved repair centre means that they are willing to do the work at a low labour rate, it's a battle against the bodyshops to get company/insurance approval status cause its all down to the prices.

Must have , booked up till 2014....;)

Fair play to you, I've got a friend that is just starting out in classic car restoration and he's working seven days a week already, the market must be strong. :thumb:

Nope sorry, you do NOT flat the base unless for whatever reason you have to, imperfections or simply based up and not cleared within reasonable time.

Looking good :)

I said a good painter,ask one:rolleyes:

martyz said:
I said a good painter,ask one:rolleyes:

Fpmsl

Yeah your right, my work has only won numerous awards and concourse events :)

What do I know?

i went and turned up without then expecting me, i was expecting a half decent job at £1500 but when i got there, they had stripped the van, taken doors, windows, everything off! i was expectiong them just to mask it up!!! the end result was fantastic!!! if you can be bothered, put in ... vrxvivaro on you tube and take a look at the results!....the week after, i smashed it up on the motorway due to some idiot changing lanes infront of me!

Sounds like you got a fantastic deal

Shame about the outcome :(

If he is referring to his local approved bodyshop as triangle sprays, They can produce very good work. My colleagues 129 sl was done in there and it was a quality job.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Yup, it sure does :)

It's so nice to see the attitude of some folks to new members, I hope all merc owners are not like that.

Anyway, btt, I look forward to seeing the end results :)

Sounds like you got a fantastic deal

Shame about the outcome :(

needless to say, the abs didnt work, aquaplaned accross two lanes when i hit the brakes, then the van fell apart into the central barrier!.....never buy a vauxhall vivaro ever again! the vito has every safety device a car has! hopefully if ever theres a next time, the end result will be a nice safe one!!!

brabusvito said:
needless to say, the abs didnt work, aquaplaned accross two lanes when i hit the brakes, then the van fell apart into the central barrier!.....never buy a vauxhall vivaro ever again! the vito has every safety device a car has! hopefully if ever theres a next time, the end result will be a nice safe one!!!

Ouch!!

Glad you got out ok, sounds like it was quite
Nasty!!

yep, i laughed about it after, as i hated the front bumper!!! as for the newbie attitudes towards! i get that on another forum! its the breaking in period!!!! you just have to take it on the chin, as some comments can be mis read, or taken the wrong was until you get to know people!

Oh I know mate, I have been moderator on other forums, I know the drill :)

On the whole. It's a nice place to be, very informative and lots of characters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom