My C55 (202) Respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I,m hoping he won,t suddenly spring it on me that its going to be ready this weekend as I have to go to Devonport on buisness I would normally avoid this but as I need the extra dosh and it involves 20+ hrs overtime has to be done especially as my account will be significantly made lighter by several thousand pounds in the next few weeks.

If those are recent pics then no chance it will be ready this weekend... it takes time to put a car back together properly and the final polishing/correction stage is a days work at least.

If those are recent pics then no chance it will be ready this weekend... it takes time to put a car back together properly and the final polishing/correction stage is a days work at least.

I agree, hence why I agreed to go to Devonport, those pics were taken at the weekend.
I.m hoping it will be the following weekend, but though I,m excited at the prospect of getting it back, I would rather wait another week or so rather than them rush finishing it off, and as I still have my C230K its not to much of an issue for me.

Hi,
I have a couple more pics to post up when I get home from work tonight, but I was looing at the pics again, specfically the first two in post four of this thread, can anybody tell me what the white plastic tank like object is fitted behind the O/S front wing?

Fuel evaporation canister I believe...

I thought it was something like that, but i have just looked on the EPC and its seems its for the vacuum system for the auto climate control.

Had a few more pics mailled to me over the weekend, mentioned about when he thought it would be ready, and he replied he would speak to his manager, had a phone call at home today from them to say that they hoped the car would be ready on thursday, but as i,m at college that day i,m going to have to pick it up on friday instead, can,t wait to see it :)

The mirrors,
20121020_173641_resized.jpg

20121020_184048_resized.jpg

20121020_173626_resized.jpg

20121020_184036_resized.jpg

20121020_173614_resized.jpg

Looking good any date when you will have her back

Did you buy that cover yet ?????

Bet you can't wait for spin in her

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Cars always seem to drive better after a repaint! The mind is a wonderful thing.

Any news on your baby

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Well after speaking to my mate the painter I asked if the car would be ready on Thursday, and he knew nothing about it, he said he was,nt prepared to rush it for the sake of a few days. He told me that the car had been going back together quite quickly and that was on Tuesday, but before it was fully assembled he needed to give it a good polish, to get the paint looking the best it can be. So I am anticipating Tuesday/Wednesday next week. But I,ll have to get it booked into an MOT station and drive it straight there as the MOT has expired since its been in the body shop.
Heres a couple of more pics, a spare set of mirror backs and the door mouldings, the last bits to be painted.

20121023_200842_resized.jpg

20121023_200831_resized.jpg

Hi,
Well he has been at it again going in on Saturday to polish the nearly fully assembled/finished car, and sent me these pics, these will probably be the last ones I post before I get the car back.

20121027_183345_resized.jpg

20121027_183333_resized.jpg

20121027_183359_resized.jpg

20121027_183852_resized_1.jpg

20121027_183821_resized.jpg

Looking forward on seeing the final product....:thumb:
Mine also needs some paint, but as I have embarked on the build of an Ultima, the 43 will have to wait :(

Looking the nuts mate, next will have to be a wheel refurb!

The job looks great Andy,why did you not fill the indicator holes on the wings?Seems it was the right time to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom