My C55 (202) Respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The job looks great Andy,why did you not fill the indicator holes on the wings?Seems it was the right time to do it
Pertinent question considering the repeaters on the side mirrors

The job looks great Andy,why did you not fill the indicator holes on the wings?Seems it was the right time to do it

I had thought about blanking the repeaters off, and if I had,nt replaced one of the wings about a 12-18 months ago I might of done but to be honest I quite like the look of both repeaters there, and if I ever decide to put the standard mirrors back on I could.

Looking the nuts mate, next will have to be a wheel refurb!

Yeah they will need a refurb but not sure when as i,m running out of dosh, probably wait now till the end of the winter.

Looking great bet you can't wait the colour will pop even more in the sun

Leave the wheels off get that car cover for the winter after all that work it would be a shame to leave her out

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Andy
we'll be waiting for the final result.
must be great when finished?

restoring and engine swap must have cost you a fortune?

is it difficult to align all 4 doors when they put everything back together?

are you going to put your car on 4 stands in winter when you put her under a cover?
snow under a parked car for several months is no good I think?

god speed with your C55 monster. :thumb:

Hi,
Got a phone call today to say the car was finished apart from needing to be cleaned and would be ready for me to pick up friday dinnertime :bannana:, he sent me a pic of it in their yard, not very good but it was taken with his mobile.
I,ll post some more pics once I get the car back and can take some decent ones. :thumb:

20121031_151838.jpg

Booked in for its MOT at three, fingers crossed.

Great thread Andy and a fabulous car, looking even better with her new paint. They've certainly made a first class job of it. Good luck with her physical :thumb:

How's the baby are you happy with all the work it looks compressive

If he's got it you won't get an answer yet as he will be out driving it that or in the garage wrapping it in a blanket.
Looks lovely btw

Congratulations.

Lets be honest guys we want more pictures

Hi,
Well I picked it up Friday afternoon, and on first impressions extremely impressed, it was simply stunning though I think it could of been cleaned inside slightly more thoroughly, but I am bit fussy.
The worst alloy front N/S though kerbed and in need of a refurb looked worse as whatever they cleaned them with had got under the edges of the lacquer where the wheel had kerb rash and had made it look ten times worse.
Upon inspection I also noticed that the rear parts of my front door handles had,nt been painted, due to a misunderstanding he had,nt painted them as he thought I was replacing them myself, these they have agreed to do at a later date.
The MOT had run out whilst it was in the bodyshop, so to legally drive it I had to book it in for an MOT, this was booked for 3.
After filling with fuel I drove it straight to the MOT station. I had started to notice and increasing smell of burning rubber, which upon inspection turned out to be a latex glove which had been left under the bonnet and had fallen down on the primary CAT and was slowly melting.
I phoned the bodyshop and they were extremely apologetic and seemed acutely embarrassed explaining it must of been when it was cleaned.
The only things he picked up on the MOT was the rear tyres were only just legal which to be honest I had anticipated he would, and one of the Xenon headlights did,nt have a beam pattern, which was surprising as it did,nt even work when I left it with them before the respray, and had bought new Xenon lamps in anticipation of this.
It turned out that they had fitted a Xenon bulb to get it working for me but had fitted a D2S instead of a D2R, which meant the bulb was not seated correctly upsetting the beam pattern. I fitted the new ones I bought from E-bay, and a new MOT certificate was duly issued.
The cars back on the road now, and it feels good to be driving it again, it looks simply stunning, factory fresh, the Parking sensors all work now which had been bugging me as STAR said there were a couple dodgy sensors, which proved to be a build up of paint, where the bumpers had been repainted before I bought it.
There are a few niggling things to do, but considering the amount of disassembly that has taken place and the fact that it is an old car, It was to be expected to be honest.
To say I am happy with the respray is an understatement I,m extremely pleased, I have had few critical eyes over it and they cannot fault it. I don,t think I would of got a better job if I had 5K for the respray. :bannana::bannana:
I,ll be giving the paintwork a treatment with some Prima Amigo Glaze followed by a good coat of Collinite 915 wax, and will repeat the wax treatment every two-three weeks for a few months.
I,ll hopefully take some pics later today, and post them up this evening.

Very nice. A keeper for sure.

At some point the car is going to start going up in value.

Hi,
Took some pics of the car earlier, it was just getting dark so the light levels were a bit low.

PB040003.jpg

PB040004.jpg

PB040006.jpg

PB040005.jpg

PB040002.jpg

PB040001.jpg

You must be very pleased Andy, what a great car you have now,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom