My C63S Brabus 600 has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congrats on what is evidently a stunning car, but one minor point I would have to disagree on - the Burmeister system is possibly one of the worst 'Premium' systems i've heard in a car of this ilk. I was supremely disappointed by it - I would have thought it was even worse in a convertible?!

I have to say, audio is one area Mercedes seriously dropped the ball on with the C63...

I was discussing this with Mark at Comand Online recently as there's a long running thread on PH about people disappointed with various factory fit "premium" Burmeister/HK type systems.

He reckons half the time you're literally paying the amp and the amp alone; the manufacture often fits standard paper cone speakers(!).

They sell Morel door speakers & tweeters and various subs. I just had a 10 inch 150 watt (I think) sub fitted behind a boot panel which has made a big difference to my (non-premium) set up. Next, I'm going to get some Morels to replace the front door speakers & tweeters. Plus some Dynamat on the door skins. Under £1k all in.

I was discussing this with Mark at Comand Online recently as there's a long running thread on PH about people disappointed with various factory fit "premium" Burmeister/HK type systems.

He reckons half the time you're literally paying the amp and the amp alone; the manufacture often fits standard paper cone speakers(!).

They sell Morel door speakers & tweeters and various subs. I just had a 10 inch 150 watt (I think) sub fitted behind a boot panel which has made a big difference to my (non-premium) set up. Next, I'm going to get some Morels to replace the front door speakers & tweeters. Plus some Dynamat on the door skins. Under £1k all in.
There is a well regarded aftermarket audio installer very local to me. Early on I toyed with the idea of upgrading all the speakers, but after nearly 2 years of ownership i've gotten used to the sound, its not as good as other factory or custom systems i've had in previous cars but - none of the cars i've had previously had an engine that I enjoyed listening to, quite so much as the V8.

On a warm day, it used to be windows down, tunes on etc. Now its windows down and volume down, so I can hear what the engine is doing :D There are still rare occasions where I miss quality audio, but I can live with the compromise in this car!

Last edited:

Interesting point. Does anyone know the sizes of the factory speakers in the C63 cabrio? There are separates in front and back doors/sides and on the parcel shelf. I would like to swap them out for Focals, which I have in some of my other cars and have a crisp and balanced sound.

Burmester system on the S class sounds beautiful but in my car it’s just good, not more. Better speakers may help.

Interesting point. Does anyone know the sizes of the factory speakers in the C63 cabrio? There are separates in front and back doors/sides and on the parcel shelf. I would like to swap them out for Focals, which I have in some of my other cars and have a crisp and balanced sound.

Burmester system on the S class sounds beautiful but in my car it’s just good, not more. Better speakers may help.

I wonder if the cars share the same amp or not. If so, you can be sure it's the speakers that are the week point.

Also, I'd wager the S has a sub tucked away somewhere. Obviously, that will also improve things.

Stereos never sound as good in a soft top cabrio....even if all the components were the same.

I got to say - my (non 3D) Burmester in my 2020 E63S is disappointing ... I listened to a nice system CBS deployed and when I had them fit my dashcam I got a quote for the high end system - it was about 10k ... nothing I can justify - but if I could - I totally would throw out the Burmester in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong - it is better than my wife's Golf MK5 lol - but still not what you'd expect from such a premium price.

I got to say - my (non 3D) Burmester in my 2020 E63S is disappointing ... I listened to a nice system CBS deployed and when I had them fit my dashcam I got a quote for the high end system - it was about 10k ... nothing I can justify - but if I could - I totally would throw out the Burmester in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong - it is better than my wife's Golf MK5 lol - but still not what you'd expect from such a premium price.

Comand Online would sell you Morel speakers.

Engadine seems to have have great experience of Focals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom