My Cancer Story - To help others.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good luck with this Bruce. I've often smiled at your musings in recent years, but not this time, I wish you everything you'd wish yourself, and look forward to a bright future for you and your family. With best wishes P.

So sorry to hear of your setback Bruce , but you have beaten it before and I am sure you will do so again . Sending you good vibes from Weston-Super-Mare ( well , as good as you can get from Somerset anyway! ) . Chin up , looking forward to hearing when you`ve been next door to Alice for 50 years .

Thou I do not know you, I find your out-look and humour to be similar to mine, I wish you all the best. regards Gary

Friends

Firstly may I say a very sincere thank you from us all here at the Millar's. The messages, calls, posts and mails really do make a fabulous difference to how one feels each day. Being positive is made so much easier when we read your comments.

So today. Well I got there, I was greeted by two lovely nurses climbed on to the scanner table and was aligned with my previously installed medical tattoos. There was some some brief friendly instructions, then some clicking and whirring and we were all done. 20 minutes start to finish. No blood, no gore, no guts and no screaming. The hardest part was waiting on my drink to cool down.

I have been told that this is it now. Every day the same routine with no real expectation of anything too unpleasant. It is a cumulative process so I have also been advised that it is unlikely that I will get any real side effects until we are well into week two/three.

Suits me SIr. As always the nurses and their teams are so professional and attentive. Every question is answered and explained in detail that provides knowledge and comfort.

I can drive, walk talk, eat and sleep so no real difference (as yet). I remain hideously good looking and modest.

To you and yours, from me and us. Thank you all so much for your thoughts, time and love.

Bruce, Carol, Róisín & Molly
xx

[QUOTE="brucemillar, post: 2610031, member: 43181"I remain hideously good looking and modest.
[/QUOTE]

We had noticed. And the overwhelming modesty - well we would expect no less.

Good stuff Bruce - hope the rest of the treatment goes as smoothly as today.

I'm not sure if it is true, but in an effort to counteract any possible side-effects, I believe that some treatment centres offer sessions with the Brazilian women's beach volleyball team, a couple of jars of honey and a trampoline. Perhaps you could enquire?

Good stuff Bruce - hope the rest of the treatment goes as smoothly as today.

I'm not sure if it is true, but in an effort to counteract any possible side-effects, I believe that some treatment centres offer sessions with the Brazilian women's beach volleyball team, a couple of jars of honey and a trampoline. Perhaps you could enquire?

Ffs D-18 he’s an ill man! :p:D:p

I wanted to reply to this but couldn't as not enough privileges - I had read some of your posts which have made me laugh, and was so sorry to find out of your health issues but you seem to have a fantastic positive outlook. I think that will be a huge help in your fight. Wishing you all the very best and hope you can hang on to your good humour!

Friends

Firstly may I say a very sincere thank you from us all here at the Millar's. The messages, calls, posts and mails really do make a fabulous difference to how one feels each day. Being positive is made so much easier when we read your comments.

So today. Well I got there, I was greeted by two lovely nurses climbed on to the scanner table and was aligned with my previously installed medical tattoos. There was some some brief friendly instructions, then some clicking and whirring and we were all done. 20 minutes start to finish. No blood, no gore, no guts and no screaming. The hardest part was waiting on my drink to cool down.

I have been told that this is it now. Every day the same routine with no real expectation of anything too unpleasant. It is a cumulative process so I have also been advised that it is unlikely that I will get any real side effects until we are well into week two/three.

Suits me SIr. As always the nurses and their teams are so professional and attentive. Every question is answered and explained in detail that provides knowledge and comfort.

I can drive, walk talk, eat and sleep so no real difference (as yet). I remain hideously good looking and modest.

To you and yours, from me and us. Thank you all so much for your thoughts, time and love.

Bruce, Carol, Róisín & Molly
xx

I`ve just put you in my World X1 to play Mars Bruce.....at centre forward and Captain, my friend.

Friends

A short update, as today we hit another brilliant milestone.

I have ‘completed’ my full four week course of daily Radiotherapy at the Genesis Care Hospital in Kings Hill, Maidstone.

This is modern medicine and technology at their finest. A team of fabulous, dedicated, humorous nurses, doctors and technicians all dedicated to little old me and my wellbeing.

There is nothing even remotely hospitality like about the place. The traditional hospital smells and sounds have been replaced with what is more akin to a 5 star luxury hotel. “If Carling made hospitals”

I feel, as I was told I would. Very tired and strangely emotional but no pain or real discomfort. More importantly the medics remain optimistic and smiling. I feel the same.

Now we have the “long wait” ten weeks for the next scan. That shall reveal my future whilst allowing the Radiotherapy to keep working inside me unhindered.

Thank you all again for your notes, messages, texts, calls etc. It is just brilliant to get these and enjoy all your positive thoughts.

In a strange twist of fate, my eldest Son was admitted to hospital last night suffering from Sepsis. He is responding extremely well to the anti-biotics and expected to be discharged soon. We have no clues to the origins other than, he suddenly developed a cold sore on his lip. Never before known with him.

Not good. But again thank goodness we have such great medical teams available to us at all times.

Stay safe folks. Take care.

Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Bruce
Fingers crossed for you, I am amazed you managed to resist the attentions of those nurse's. With your good looks and charm it must have been a struggle for you. Ahhh maybe you need to show them the photos of your tool collection, that should do it for you...... Just don't show them the really big one.........:eek:

All sounding good Bruce, I hope the Radiotherapy has not been too taxing for you.

If you need to relax after all the treatment, I find it helps to eat a few pink marshmallows off a naked supermodel - give it a try.

All sounding good Bruce, I hope the Radiotherapy has not been too taxing for you.

If you need to relax after all the treatment, I find it helps to eat a few pink marshmallows off a naked supermodel - give it a try.

This sounds ideal. Yum yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Bruce, keep fighting & stay positive.

Praying for you.

Friends

In a strange twist of fate, my eldest Son was admitted to hospital last night suffering from Sepsis. He is responding extremely well to the anti-biotics and expected to be discharged soon. We have no clues to the origins other than, he suddenly developed a cold sore on his lip. Never before known with him.

Bruce If he has been diagnosed with sepsis then I would hope he isn't discharged before they find the origin of the infection. The cold sore is likely to be a result of the infection and subsequent challenge to his immune system rather than the cause. If he hasn't got one of these infrared in-ear digital thermometers encourage him to get one and keep an eye on his temperature for a couple of weeks after hospital discharge.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M35Y2MC/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom