my car appears to have an expensive drink habbit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shorty

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 , Ducati 999 , mr2
Morning all
As the title suggests my car has become rather thristy its a 211 E200 k auto . The trip computer has been showing 22 to 23 mpg , only geting as high as 28 after over 40 miles continous diving . Over the last few tank fulls I have only managed 300 miles .
The cars not been driven fast ,and while its never been easy on petrol it has become harder of late . I was getting 360 and over from a tank .
All the breather pipes and intake pipes are connected and there is no air leaks . The engine timing is spot on , only had new chain and cam gears fitted . I had the car scanned , not with star though , and there was no faults showing .
Has any one got any suggestions ?

Check the lambda live data.

Is there any oil in the loom?

Hey Olly , thanks for the reply .

Theres no oil in the loom , I checked it while I was doing the cam chain and head gasket .
I did look at live data , but I dont really know what to look for , what kind of reading should I see ?

Plug it into a Star it will give you the specific value for your car

seems very low... I ran one of these as a demo when i was at merc... and was getting 33+ even close to 38-39 on longer runs... STAR is your friend but also check the basics... even an italian tune up on Vpower may help.

Thanks Olly and Paul .
Ill plug it into STAR on Monday when im at work , hopefully this will give me some proof .
I have never seen better that 32 out of this car , 38 39 MPG that would be great .
This car is costing over 100 euro a week to run , my brothers 325i is costing less to fuel a week .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom