My car doesn't exist!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mekon

Car
BMW 318is Coupé, Honda VFR 400 NC24, Honda magna 700
just for a giggle i wanted to get a quote from MB on insurance... and to my shock according to the website MB did not make a W124 300D in the year of 88! ive tried going earlier by a year, even two! but it insists that my year of manufacture is wrong!

do i own a ghost car???

According to wiki the 300D's were all 1987.
Does you chassis number start 124.133?
Perhaps it was manufactured is 1987 and first registered in 1988.

According to wiki the 300D's were all 1987.
Does you chassis number start 124.133?
Perhaps it was manufactured is 1987 and first registered in 1988.

The 300D / TD was built from 1985 to 1992 with the 603 engine. AFAIK it was available in the UK between those dates as well. There's a timeline on my website that is accurate as far as I know but I can't put a link to it

There are always exceptions but I've seen 300TDs in most years up to 92

Nick Froome

124.130 not 133

used that russian site and my vin, found out car was delivered to dealer in march 88, log book shows first reg as may 88, tried setting year of manufacture to 87, even 86, no joys guess MB haven't bothered to create an accurate database for their own cars!

124.130 not 133

used that russian site and my vin, found out car was delivered to dealer in march 88, log book shows first reg as may 88, tried setting year of manufacture to 87, even 86, no joys guess MB haven't bothered to create an accurate database for their own cars!

I'm interested about the MB database comment, which MB database was not accurate? Are you referring to this issue from your first post in this thread? I'd like to know which MB database does not cover the build date of their own cars correctly? :confused: Sounds like some MB shop had an inaccurate database, not the real "MB".

OP said he was getting a quote from MB on insurance so I assume he was calling them or doing an online quote. https://www.mercedes-benzinsurance.co.uk/

When we purchased the A Class we got 7 day free cover from MB Insurance and they also quoted for the year and the price was about 4 times as much as it was to insure the car on our current multi car policy with Admiral!

Last edited:
it was the official mercedes benz website, i entered the cars details and it said that my car was not produced in that year...... so it would be whatever database they are using, considering it is an MB i would of thought MB would use their own database.... no other insurer has an issue with my cars manufacturing year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom