My Car Has Been Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad to hear you aren't out of pocket after this nasty incident John. All things considered, it went well for you.
There is plenty of time for another AMG when the time and place is right.
Just happy you and your family were unharmed.

Were the scum ever apprehended for this?

Hello guys - just thought I'd provide an update.

The car was found via a Tracker the next day and was recovered at my request to our local MB service centre, as I wanted it to be looked at properly.

It had interior damage and some exterior damage and was subsequently written off last Thursday, which, in the circumstances, suited me, as I'd had to promise the family it wouldn't be coming back home, where it might happen again.

My neighbour appeared a few days after the event and showed me some CCTV where you could see 5 bad guys involved - 4 running up the drive and one turning the getaway car round. I also went to the recovered car at MB to retrieve my sunglasses and whilst rooting around looking for them in the passenger footwell I found a 5" blade knife - not good.

Anyway, I accepted what I believe was a good settlement figure, bought the car back and sold it on the day after for a small increase - it will live again, I'm sure :cool:

I can't have another while we live where we do, so have bought a functional but dull Skoda Superb estate.

Many many thanks to those who contacted me - it was a great help and very supportive :thumb:.

Anyway - I have a set of RADO Sports Cat downpipes available at £1K if any bi-turbo CLS or E Class AMG owners are interested - straight bolt on, no mods - a better sound and a bit more power - I'll be doing a separate ad on here.

So sorry to hear what happened to you.

Also such a shame that you can't enjoy a nice car in the area that you live. Biggest tragedy of all really.

Thankfully no injuries though.

Seeing more and more of these stories here in the UK where car keys are handed over after owners being threatened with weapons.

When I was in south Africa some 15 years ago a friend of mines car was jacked at a light and he and myself were forced out by two men at gun point.

As soon as the assailants were inside the car and no longer holding their guns, my friend pulled out his concealed gun and literally blew both their heads off with multiple shots.

I will never forget it and still shaken to this day by it.

Although my friend got the car back he could never drive it again and ended up selling it once he had the car professionally valeted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a lot I can say, John but to echo what AMGeed has said that you and the family are ok. Hope this can be put behind you as soon as possible.

Glad to hear you aren't out of pocket after this nasty incident John. All things considered, it went well for you.
There is plenty of time for another AMG when the time and place is right.
Just happy you and your family were unharmed.

Were the scum ever apprehended for this?
Nothing Rog - the police had nothing to go on.

Hello guys - just thought I'd provide an update.

The car was found via a Tracker the next day and was recovered at my request to our local MB service centre, as I wanted it to be looked at properly.

It had interior damage and some exterior damage and was subsequently written off last Thursday

Fair enough but how on earth had they managed to do so much damage in such a short space of time? Was it used in a robbery or something?

, which, in the circumstances, suited me, as I'd had to promise the family it wouldn't be coming back home, where it might happen again.

Fair enough.

My neighbour appeared a few days after the event and showed me some CCTV where you could see 5 bad guys involved - 4 running up the drive and one turning the getaway car round.

But do the the plod know why they were after it? I thought the scrotes normally liked 4x4's like RS6's for their robberies

I also went to the recovered car at MB to retrieve my sunglasses and whilst rooting around looking for them in the passenger footwell I found a 5" blade knife

Utter knuts.

Scary stuff, glad there was no harm to your family but obviously a very disturbing event for all of you.

I expect this is a "subcontract industry" where the guys that steal your car are just in it for instant cash or drugs. Somewhere down the line there is going to be a "processing" operation to give the car a new identity, break it or "container" it to a land far far away. I imagine that's where the real money lies. :confused:

Glad to see your cool-headed approach to this ordeal still prevails John.

There will be other cars. See you at the next GTG :thumb:

Fair enough but how on earth had they managed to do so much damage in such a short space of time? Was it used in a robbery or something?

I don't actually know, but it appeared that they had been looking for the tracker - in £ terms the interior damage was significant and the quote for the exterior was surprisingly high for what appeared not very major - however, combined, they added up to a write off.

I don't actually know, but it appeared that they had been looking for the tracker - in £ terms the interior damage was significant

Ah OK it was an attempt to do a bit of ringing, then. i guess there's enough profit in the higher end stuff to justify gangs of five people roaming about. Horrible knuts.

It's a sad state of affairs when you don't feel safe in your own home John. Or not able to drive what you want through fear of what may happen.

Are you considering a move now?

It's a sad state of affairs when you don't feel safe in your own home John. Or not able to drive what you want through fear of what may happen.

I'm not sure that where you live has much bearing on this kind of thing. People are just after nice cars that they can make a bit of money on.

Given the circumstances, I am so glad to hear things post the incident have moved on in a reasonable manner.

Enjoy the Superb......

Jules

I can't have another while we live where we do, so have bought a functional but dull Skoda Superb estate.

I'm not sure that where you live has much bearing on this kind of thing. People are just after nice cars that they can make a bit of money on.

It was the quote above in Johns post that lead to my question.

Whilst I agree with you in principal, the Midlands does some seem to have a higher prevalence of this kind of problem. Not based on anything scientific other than anecdotal news pieces.

It's a possibility - I guess time will tell. We did have a grand plan to sell everything and move to Ant country where my sister already lives - I love up there and there's a lot of property for (relatively) small money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom