My Car Has Been Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely shocking but sounds like you reacted sensibly in giving them what they want and getting it over with and away from you and family as quickly as possible. As others have said cars and things can be replaced. Sorry to hear you and your wife have been through it but glad you are ok.

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. From what you've written, you handled the situation tremendously, and as gutting as loosing your pride and joy is, it's better than getting your head caved in by a band of merry ****wits.

All the best, Andy.

Sorry to hear about this. Did you sign up to Mercedes ME?

Does Mercedes Me allow a car to be remotely disabled ?

It would be ideal if , after first phoning police , and hopefully having them round in case scum come back , the car could be immobilised with a simple phone call , and report its location back .

Not all tech is bad .

Same would apply to all those losing cars with keyless go .

Hi John.

Don't know you as I don't post here often.

Your story compelled me to post.

I am so desperately sorry. I am lost for words for what you have been through and then loss of your pride and joy.

Hope you get over this and find something new that will make you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In s bizarre twist - the house has a 5m x 5m garage, but the car is also just shy of 5m, so I can't get it in and shut the door.

The garage extension is approved and starts this time next week :crazy:.

Sod's law at it's best :mad:

I really feel for you:( Horrible experience!
I can also concur with you about Sod's Law. We were burgled last September.
Wife and dogs both in watching TV, first they knew of anything wrong was a massive crash as a safe was launched from a bedroom window:eek:
I had just been called away to a race in Spa, and the driveway PIR light was awaiting a new sensor unit.....

On lighter note, we were advised on home security by a young PC Matt Lockett....you couldn't or wouldn't make that up!

Again, I really feel for your trauma. So sorry.

Last edited:
A dreadful tale and, like all the other messages, my thoughts are with you.

I am so pleased to hear that you did not try to put up a fight. I have always hoped i would do what you did if the same fate befell me. I like cars, but not enough for one to be the last car i own.

Not that long ago a navy chap was run over and killed by his own car as he tried to stop the scum who just nicked it with the keys from his house.

I hope the trauma subsides quickly for all your family.

Really sorry to hear what happened. Thankfully nobody got hurt. I hope the police get the scum that did it.

As others have said - you've handled the situation expertly, so glad you and your wife are unharmed.

What scum, glad you and your family are safe. This lowlife will get their payback.

That's terrible news John! The main thing is that you are all safe and well, but it seems that there isn't much to stop scum like this.

It would be awesome if you could fit a system that allowed them to drive far enough away to give time for the police to get to you, but then immobilised the car and locked the doors.

You'd probably get done for false imprisonment or some ********, or get sued if they broke a nail trying to get out.

Glad you are ok, must be horribly traumatic.
Hope you and family get over it very soon.

Hope the perpetrators get their comeuppance in a painful way.

you expect to hear of this sort of thing in developing countries ...

Sorry to read of this. Nasty times for you.
Hope you recover soon. Best wishes.

My commiserations, what a horrible, horrible tale! Sounds like it was stolen to order too, it appears to have been a well planned theft.

Sadly this sort of thing has become more common as car security has increased - we're now the weakest link in the chain as far as thieves are concerned :(

Don't really know what can be done to combat it, only four options are:

1) Turn your house into a fortress. Not a nice option IMO
2) Decrease car security so theft no longer involves any risk to the owner
3) Ensure every car is fitted with an always-on tracker, though this is an invasion of privacy
4) Buy an Alfa so it throws a strop before it's even made it off the driveway ;)

Only a car guy would say "sounded good" as his pride and joy was nicked [emoji16]

Had this myself in February but done stealthily.

Family comes first, insurance will pay out. Buy a new car. Nuts and bolts are replaceable, Family isn't.

Keep us posted. And sorry for the harrowing experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My commiserations, what a horrible, horrible tale! Sounds like it was stolen to order too, it appears to have been a well planned theft.

Sadly this sort of thing has become more common as car security has increased - we're now the weakest link in the chain as far as thieves are concerned :(

Don't really know what can be done to combat it, only four options are:

1) Turn your house into a fortress. Not a nice option IMO
2) Decrease car security so theft no longer involves any risk to the owner
3) Ensure every car is fitted with an always-on tracker, though this is an invasion of privacy
4) Buy an Alfa so it throws a strop before it's even made it off the driveway ;)

I'd be happy going with Option 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom