My car has drunk £100,000 in petrol!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglips

Just done some quick sums.

My car has now covered 270k miles. Assuming £1.40/litre and a (conservative) estimate of 18mpg, at current prices my car has had £95, 467 worth of fuel in todays prices!!!

nice idea in principle but of course it hasnt used that value in relality... still a frightning number... :)

My car has now covered 270k miles. Assuming £1.40/litre and a (conservative) estimate of 18mpg, at current prices my car has had £95, 467 worth of fuel in todays prices!!!

Thankfully though,the majority of the fuel costs weren't at todays prices.

Bad sums to do - you could drive yourself nuts.

If you do the same with mortgage costs you'd better sit down first.

my X1 has avg 51mpg from new last sept at a true avg cost of 145p per litre.

27000 / 51 = 529.41 gallons = 2403.53 litres = £3485.12 on fuel since new.

:)

I use spritmonitor to track fuel use (see sig link (the mpg figure)) which keeps a cumulative count of fuel expenditure. Gets scary very quickly - fortunately a fair amount of my costs are offset by liftsharing "income".

A fact that shocked me yesterday was that only in 2006 the fuel price was 89p.... now its pushing £1.50 just 6 years later... amazing.

You need to get out once in a while.

Try Sunday at first and then gradually build it up, don't rush take your time.

:bannana:

ive probably used 6750 litres of premium unleaded in 18 months:eek:

No, it's clearly me who needs to get out a bit more. I use accounting software to keep a check on all my expenditure and it tells me that since October 1996 I've only spent £9,674.34 on petrol. :dk: (No idea what that smilie means but it sort of looked appropriate!) Admitedly I haven't used my car for commuting for the last 12 years, but that's still not enough miles for this petrol head to be covering. The Government must hate people like me who don't provide them with enough taxes.

I would like to but it seems I should do it without the car as I now understand why I am broke :doh:

Calm down chaps. :rolleyes: When I worked for a aircraft fuelling company at Heathrow, it would be nothing to load 180 to 200 tons of fuel on a 747 doing a long haul flight. :eek:
Now bear in mind that a litre of jet fuel back in 2002 cost 22p.
One ton of jet fuel equates to 1250 litres.
So a 747 bound for say Dallas would take on 183 tons which = 228,750 litres of fuel at the then rate of 22p comes out at £5032,50p just for one flight. :thumb:
The calculation is done in tons converted to litres depending on the density of the fuel which changes according to the temp.
Why tons? The Cockpit crew are only interested in the outbound weight of their craft, while the fuelling staff need to know how many litres to load. I hope this all make sense guys.:)

Calm down chaps. :rolleyes: When I worked for a aircraft fuelling company at Heathrow, it would be nothing to load 180 to 200 tons of fuel on a 747 doing a long haul flight. :eek:
So a 747 bound for say Dallas would take on 183 tons which = 228,750 litres of fuel at the then rate of 22p comes out at £5032,50p just for one flight. :thumb:
The calculation is done in tons converted to litres depending on the density of the fuel which changes according to the temp.
Why tons? The Cockpit crew are only interested in the outbound weight of their craft, while the fuelling staff need to know how many litres to load. I hope this all make sense guys.:)
That's why I don't try to fit 660 passengers into my C-class!

Should this not read £50,325 ? :eek:

I reckon I've spent that in beer since I was 16 (18 if my Dad's reading this from heaven!)

I reckon I've spent that in beer since I was 16 (18 if my Dad's reading this from heaven!)

Ah yes but with beer you must see it as a rental rather than a purchase:thumb:

Should this not read £50,325 ? :eek:

Yes you are right when I went over my figures again it came out at £5032,50P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom