My car on Men and motors Monday 17 Oct.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Kerr

Car
BMW 5 series / 1961 Jaguar E-Type
If anyone is interested my Jaguar E-Type is to be featured on "The used car roadshow" this Monday at 20:00 Granada men and motors.
A friend who has been resorting his car for 15 years was asked bu them to bring his car along, its all together except has no paint (bare metal), no interior trim and no hood!! but he loves driving it and will get it painted when he can afford it.
Mine is the opalescent silver blue one with the dark blue interior and has some great shots under the bonnet. the slot it is being used in is called 'Teenage kicks' the cars we all wanted when we were youths or youthesses.
The show was filmed at the TRAX day Silverstone on Sept 4th and every rice burner in the country was there, there was some stunning looking cars but not for me, I was truly a fish out of water and the presenters Penny Mallory and Jason (can't remember his second name) thought the same ;)
Good day all the same, one of the assistants on the day had to tell the Focus RS owners club to keep the bass down as it was affecting the sound recording.
I was impressed at their knowledge of all cars as there didn't seem to be a script of any sort, they just spoke to us and it went on from there, unfortunately they didn't want me to appear in the show just the car.
Just in case you don't know which car is mine as there is an coupe there the same colour as mine its the one with £90K written on the screen :bannana: unfortunately it doesn't mean mine is worth that, one like mine the one on Top gear recently sold for that so it was used a top guide price. Of course if anyone wants to offer me that then we can get together and talk :D

Dave

Nice one Dave. I'll keep an eye out for it :rock:

is it jason Barlow you're thinking of?

K

I sometimes catch that show or the repeats, I'll keep them peeled :D

Missed it but I'm sure I'll catch a repeat.

It's Jason Dawe that you are referring to :)

JasonPortrait.jpg

High-Lo said:
Missed it but I'm sure I'll catch a repeat.

It's Jason Dawe that you are referring to :)

JasonPortrait.jpg

Thats him alright, bit of let down in the end. Never even showed my mates car only used it for a seat.
I was pleased with how mine looked, my first thought was I did ALL of that and for a fraction of what it would have cost if the so called pro's had done it and in my heart I know its right with no short cuts. :D
So tonight I'm gonna give myself a narna :bannana:

Dave

Saw your car - stunning !!!!!!

Hope the rivets on Jasons jeans diddnt leave any marks on your front wing !!!

I know its not in the same league but I self restored an MGB a couple of years ago and have to agree - lot of work but all enjoyable and great satisfaction at the end of it

Good job !!

Chris

I've watched that show a few times - its so annoying the way the presenters always put their greasy paws all over the cars whose owners have obviously spent ages detailing.... :devil:

Nothing worse than seeing someone lean against or put their fingerprints on a freshly polished car :crazy:

Brilliant show if you a car nut...i love the show, some good tips as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom