My car radio does not work, do you know why end can you help me for this problem :/

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daardan.halili

Car
Mercedes Benz E220
I until I was placed here my car battery, I shall have mistaken positions rather than to set + to + and - .I decided on the contrary my radio now not working did not know where is the problem .I hope so to help me .

My Care is Mercedes Benz E220[emoji17]

I take it English isn't your first language?

If you've reversed the polarity, you've likely fried a few components and you're very lucky it's only the radio that you've knackered.

If the car still drives and otherwise behaves OK, then you've not fried the ECU which is the big worry. Some important components will probably have diodes in them, which only allow current to flow in the correct direction, but alas your radio mustn't have.

I think you'll have to take it in, have it looked at. No fuse would have blown, and so I don't think it's a user serviceable thing.

What year is it?

I-conica english no :/ my care is 2003 :/ which part of the car found fuses and how they look?

Optimus my car its all ok but my radio not .I dont know why :/

As said, it won't have blown your fuses, as there was no overcurrent, but you might as well check anyway...

You've fried your radio, but luckily not fried the ECU which will have one way diodes to protect it.

Does the radio/cd player, etc not power up at all?

I-conica :Thank God all parts of the vehicle work is not burning anything.
Radio radio does not light up in any way :/ no cd player, no chanell etc.

Good

Dont think that all is ok just check all you electrical items and make sure they all work .
Your radio must have a fuse some place. For me to find i need the year of your car i know its a E220 what year was it made is it the old W124 what is it .

Last edited:
I managed to do the same thing on my 124... (accidentally connected jump leads to the wrong terminals) and the radio also stopped working.
The radio in mine was a mercedes audio10 unit which may well be similar to the one in your car.

Try removing the radio and removing the fuse at the back situated under the iso connectors. Then put the fuse back in and reconnect the radio. This worked for me. I have Jaymanek to thank for this quick fix having read his post on it.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/47282-w203-audio-10-stopped-working-2.html

help

King Dave i did try to fine out from him the year of the car .I sent a picture of the fusebox of a W124 as the year of the car was not in the post ,just a guess on my part .

He later said the car was a 2003 so it's a W210 or a W211.
I think the w210 would have had a radio a bit like the one that's in my 124 (I suspect not the original fit) so this fuse pull/replace trick might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom