My cat B car so far!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudster better still set up a website say WWW.IHELPTHEUNINSURED.COM give the thousands and thousands of people that have altered their cars from standard be it engine/suspension/brakes and not told their insurers all of your expert advice and help as this person does not want it ok!

so have you informed your insurers or not?

it doesnt sound like it.

Just because thousands and thousands of other people have invalid insurance wont help your case if you have a crash, and your insurance is invalid...

Oh my god Silversaloon read the posts before typing! Here is one of my quotes copied from 2 above yours!

"I then rang my broker again who rang my insurance company to check re the VIC and confirms that I am insured with this car and if you are so worried PM me for his number and I will gladly give his number and name to you!"

YES I HAVE INFORMED MY INSURANCE ABOUT EVERY BLOODY LITTLE DETAIL!

What is it about some of you people what is your problem with me and my car?

As for the reg it is a joke as I have another on my bike saying I am "a toss nob" which I must be for keep replying to the idiots on this forum!

atosnob1-1.jpg

And here is the one off my M5

resized_03102007102-2.jpg

So from now on have a go at me about my knob fetish or whatever and stop telling me I am not insured or I have failed to disclose or my car is dangerous and should not be on the road go s**t a porcupine you trolls!

Just edited this to make clear there are 3 trolls on here and they know who they are.....Jesus one has spent the last 2 days ringing round HPi and posted total ****** about something he says he knows about yet clearly does not! Yes I originally had not informed my insurance about the cat B as I was mistaken in thinking it was the DVLA records that counted but 4 pages back or so I sorted it and still people are saying I have not and am not insured.....god give me strength what a bloody forum I have stumbled on....don't worry never ever will I post on here something new about my car again but I will keep replying to dikeds I can assure you!

Last edited:
This is getting out of hand. If someone tells you they are insured etc and goes beyond the expected to prove it...them believe him.

As I said earlier that's a nice E55, health to enjoy.

Perhaps time to close an unreasonably overheated thread.

Renault 12ts and all the other decent people on here I apologise for my outburst but on the 7th page a cretin called Siversaloon tells me I have not informed my insurers and if I crash I am not insured after my posts continually telling everyone I had and would even give them my brokers name and phone number as proof made me see red!

Crikey, one of the most heated threads I've seen on this forum. Feeling slightly sheepish for bringing up the Cat B thing at the beginning of the thread now..!:crazy:

That said it's brought out some useful information that I for one was not aware of..

And I have to say I like the self-depracating approach to private number plates, Toehold. I'd assume that driving a BMW renders you a nob, but to actually acknowledge it is quite amusing..

Last edited:
Just edited this to make clear there are 3 trolls on here and they know who they are.....Jesus one has spent the last 2 days ringing round HPi and posted total ****** about something he says he knows about yet clearly does not! Yes I originally had not informed my insurance about the cat B as I was mistaken in thinking it was the DVLA records that counted but 4 pages back or so I sorted it and still people are saying I have not and am not insured.....god give me strength what a bloody forum I have stumbled on....don't worry never ever will I post on here something new about my car again but I will keep replying to dikeds I can assure you!

So as a result of my "trolling", you actually did find you needed to update your insurance details and were potentially uninsured. Great, it was a worthwhile exercise.

Yet you still manage to be offensive.

Maybe your number plates are more apt than you think.

As it stands I think you are on very thin ice, I think technically you are uninsured by the fact you are withholding material facts.

OP is insured, the only problems may be if there is a claim and the car is written off (again) in which case the ins company might try to wriggle a bit.

The OP's car was written off in 2000 so as long as it's had a VOSA inspection (full engineers inspection) which was the requirement at that time (pre 2003)

There was no requirement to send salvage cars for an inspection, back in the day you could have them inspected to get them off vcar, that was the only reason for doing it.

Still, it's a nice car.

Mudster read my texts get a life after telling you repeatedly and as nicely as possible I had sorted it you carried on with your doubt and expertise in this field even at one point telling all and sundry the car should not be on the road! Go away and annoy someone else I do not want your opinion your help your guidance as you clearly and continually spout facts that are incorrect. You and 2 others have made this topic into an epic with your grave concerns ....go away!

Chris

Thanks for that info it is the same as I gleamed once I spoke to VOSA now hopefully Mongster will bow out!...and your avatar Mudster is more apt than you think!

There was no requirement to send salvage cars for an inspection, back in the day you could have them inspected to get them off vcar, that was the only reason for doing it.

Had a chat with my insurance company today, he's been doing this a couple of decades and expalined the following:-

The Thatcham Guideline for the Categorisation and Disposal of Motor Vehicle Salvage does state that Cat A and Cat B cars should (not must) never go back on the road.

In the past, any re-licensing activity on these vehicles would be notified to the relevant police authority by the DVLA, they would inspect, and normally confiscate the vehicle.

However, VOSA are taking an incredibly lacksidasical view of this previous rule. When I spoke to them a few months ago, they basically replied that it wasn't their concern - so long as the identity hadn't been changed, the car would pass the VIC (so long as it appeared roadworthy). They would notify the DVLA it had passed, and that was that

Basically, the above happened to me, but this was all before the VIC was introduced. So what I'd explained was 7 years out of date. It seems it's fine for Cat B's to be on the road now with nothing more than a cursory check that it's not a ringer. It used to be very different but things have clearly changed.

Ahmen! In future get your facts right before stating your thoughts as facts and telling people their cars should not be on the road, my god you have spent some time and energy on this now can we all move on?

Yes I originally had not informed my insurance about the cat B as I was mistaken in thinking it was the DVLA records that counted but 4 pages back or so I sorted it and still people are saying I have not and am not insured.....

ok, i missed that post. however you're pretty foolish to of been using the car for X amount of time until this thread started, at which point you were uninsured.

on the 7th page a cretin called Siversaloon tells me I have not informed my insurers and if I crash I am not insured

i asked a question whether it was insured or not, a simple yes, see thread X would have sufficed.

your number plates speak for themselves, and saves me bothering... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still it was a good exercise don't you think? Up until this week I though anything A or B was consigned to the scrapper/crusher.

I'd never heard of a VIC and I assumed the DVLA were the authority on this, but it appears that HPi (owned by a claims handling firm) are the authority and until 2004 were not compelled to tell the DVLA anything.

Just don't take it all so personally it's a forum which is designed for conversation and debate, I'd say this was a heatlhy (and informative?) debate, for some reason you seem to have seen it as a personal attack....not meant in that manner at all.

Last edited:
Mudster fair comment but in your last statement you say you had never heard of a VIC and that you thought all A and B cars were for scrap only yet 2 pages ago you state

"Never assume anything when it comes to insurance, get it in writing, that lad at the insurer or broker that answered you call was probably unaware that anything before the VIC even existed..it's worth checking.

How do I know all this? I've done it, I was caught with a categorised car that I didn't know was categorised. I had to go through all the above, including the inspections and getting the car recategorised before any insurer would consider it road legal and it had to be in writing"

My problem with you and some others is you came on here posting so called facts and spouting off that my car should not be on the road and I was not insured thats what I took offence at that was misleading and untruthful and very personal you now state you knew nothing about class A and B and VIC ....Unbelievable!!!

All I can say is flood damaged W210!!!!.....any metal left under that paintwork?.....have to say that all joking apart it does look a very nice motor!

Please now go away and stop digging a bigger hole than you are already in...if you are so bored read the stuff again you have posted and see if you truly think it is not personal. As I said get a life and go and annoy someone else with your wisdom of all knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom