My Challenge to Meghan Markle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am now going to have to google "Young Murry Women"...

I am assuming Murry is a New Zealand colloquialism for Maori? A bit like the Australian's use Abo for Aborigine. Depending on context it can be interpreted as racist.
It's a touchy subject that rarely reaches the antipodes
'Abo' is not just an abbreviation of 'Aboriginal'
Some of New Zealands racial tensions are described here under recent history
Māori people - Wikipedia

Last edited:
More of an affectionate term for the people that arrived in NZL about 1250 to 1300. A local invention of about 10 to 15 years old used exclusively by people known to me, but things may have caught on elsewhere...??

What is meant by slang is what is in the head of the speaker at the time and certainly not what google says or anybody else for that matter.

Sat next to two last night at dinner by choice, had a ball. We talked at length about things that the thought controllers would have frowned on very much - even the term Murray. They stood up when I left and shook my hand. Never had that before from the Murries.

There is so much mis-information in that wiki reference grober that it is positively offensive. Not your fault of course. But what is served up as fact is in fact often out and out lies.

I don't fancy having a discussion on here about this, other than to wise you up on the term, but I am happy to discuss these things with people who have a genuine interest in understanding the facts and not the fiction that is spread for political gain, and there is an awful lot of that unfortunately. This is why I am astounded that Obama should see fit to support such a regime, even Helen Clarke despite all her faults understands this all too well.

^ Somehow I think Miss Markle will have distanced herself from any future controversy wherever possible.

Seeing the nephew lives in a state where cannabis is legal, hasn't spoken to her in 3 years and isn't invited to the wedding, this reeks of desperate reporters looking in vain for a story.

^ Somehow I think Miss Markle will have distanced herself from any future controversy wherever possible.

Seeing the nephew lives in a state where cannabis is legal, hasn't spoken to her in 3 years and isn't invited to the wedding, this reeks of desperate reporters looking in vain for a story.

You mean the TLVF reporter brigade is having a passive violent attack on her since she's about to become Royalty...?
Or maybe they are rallying around her by getting all this out before the wedding so there are no nasty surprises afterwards...?

Last edited:
Frankly I think the Markle Family are very sincere, especially since Victoria used Hemp for her ailments, maybe they're thinking Liz or Phil could do with a shot or two too...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom