My CLK 280 Convertible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nick73

Car
clk55 convertible
Hi everyone

I recently purchased this 2006 CLK 280 Convertible. It's done 50k miles, been very well looked after.

I gave it a proper machine polish (wasn't bad at all) wax etc. Took a few pics yesterday. Love it, but already looking at CLK 55 Convertibles now!

Cheers

Looks great that, lovely condition and just the right weather to enjoy it! :)

Very nice, can you give a brief rundown of equipment used?

When polishing (not waxing) always use a clay bar to remove contaminants in paint first, it helps in long run. If you're not convinced about these contaminants, then but your hand inside a thin carrier bag, and run your fingers across your bonnet- you will be amazed.

For polishing, I used a rotary machine polisher with a soft pad, and this product, which is especially for darker paints. It can be applied by hand/small applicator sponge also
Scholl Concepts S40 Anti-Swirl Finishing - Clean Your Car

I then used Adams Patriot wax to finish off, although this is a very good cheaper alternative- that goes a LONG way.
Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance Premium Auto Wax - Clean Your Car

Invest in some good microfibre towels also

Thanks, i have Capri blue paintwork which is quite dark so this S40 should work.

Looks amazing, how many hours did it take?

Clk trade up

That's the problem isn't it they are so addictive ... I had a clk 320 cabby loved it so much lavished hours on it but fell under the spell of a SL 500 it got delivered today

That's the problem isn't it they are so addictive ... I had a clk 320 cabby loved it so much lavished hours on it but fell under the spell of a SL 500 it got delivered today

Nice!! Yep, feels very wrong looking for my next car already. As good as the 280 is, and this one is a great example- I do regret not going for a 55 in the first place. Not the end of the world. One day, soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom