My CLK320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeh they don't work at all!!!

May have just been that box was faulty tho, neither worked.. didn't even flash!!!
It's an annoying one, hopefully there are bulbs that work, as the whole unit change is just too much effort.

It's an annoying one, hopefully there are bulbs that work, as the whole unit change is just too much effort.

Exactly buddy

I've just learnt to love the yellow ones for now haha

Number plates I don't mind so much being yellow

Sidelights just look stupid yellow next to White Xenons

Exactly buddy

I've just learnt to love the yellow ones for now haha

Number plates I don't mind so much being yellow

Sidelights just look stupid yellow next to White Xenons
Same here, but now the topic is in the air again, I'm after solutions

Yeh haha.. me too!

Last edited:
I was thinking of going for the resistor option, as it is very simple to fit, but I'm worried about these getting too hot next to the carpet lining of the boot lid.

It doesn't get more hot than a bulb of the same wattage, so if you mount it correctly and it doesn't touch the carpeting there shouldn't be a problem.

For my turn signals I only used quality 3M heat resistant thick double-sided tape, because on the 208 there's a nice recess in the body metal right above the tail light, so the resistors are unable to cause any harm. For the license plate bulbs I'd use a combination of double-sided tape and cable ties.

At least fitting the resistors in the trunk should be easy, unlike the royal pain in the butt that my turn signals caused me...

Last edited:
MOT Passed with no advisories!!!
IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

Thanks again to Terry @ Wayne Gates

Mechancial work to be done soon:
A service in 2000 miles
New Spark Plugs
New fuel filter
New rocker cover gaskets

:D

Great stuff, and congrats on MOT pass.

Where are you planning to do the fuel filter, and how much is it roughly? - I've been thinking of doing it too, as with my annual mileage I'll never reach to threshold (155k or 15yrs) and it doesn't feel right to leave it for that long ....

Great stuff, and congrats on MOT pass.

Where are you planning to do the fuel filter, and how much is it roughly? - I've been thinking of doing it too, as with my annual mileage I'll never reach to threshold (155k or 15yrs) and it doesn't feel right to leave it for that long ....

You have PM :D

Cheers Abb, means a lot buddy

How did your nephew get on with the pioneer btw?

Completely forgot to update the thread! Absolutely spot on pal with all your advice, I fitted it myself, was a doddle and he loves it. Brings the media bang up to date inside the cabin and for what it costs, its great value. Thanks again for all you input and advice on that. :thumb:

Completely forgot to update the thread! Absolutely spot on pal with all your advice, I fitted it myself, was a doddle and he loves it. Brings the media bang up to date inside the cabin and for what it costs, its great value. Thanks again for all you input and advice on that. :thumb:

Brilliant always glad to help!

IMG_0848.png

Ordered these...

Someone else posted they've had em in their C class for the last year , no errors etc

Will keep everyone posted

IMG_0868.jpg

Arrived next day, £6 no errors whatsoever....

I am so happy haha

I wonder if the same company name 239 festoons... will email seller and ask...

Cheers

Litcan91 do you know the size in MM of the 239 bulbs we need for licence plate?

Thanks buddy
Abs

Just won these,

6 new MB OEM plugs:
IMG_0888.png

Farecla G3 scratch remover & Autosol chrome cleaner ordered
IMG_0891.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom