My Cls63 amg detailed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

james angell

Car
AMG63
After signing up I thought it would be rude not to post some pictures of my new car.
Car has only covered just over 12k miles but as with previous vehicles I had it detailed, firstly so it's good as new for me, secondly the sealant the detailer uses makes it so easy to wash and the car's don't get anywhere near as dirty as normal.
I asked the detailer if he would do me a thread as he did one for my old jaguar and it was great seeing the work and results. Hope this is ok on here.
To start:

Car was then given the usual wash stages inc iron and tar removers,then clayed and re rinsed and dried:

The car was then put into the garage, before I did anymore work I noticed what would really annoy me:

So out with the cluster:

The culprit:

Whilst I had some of the clips and parts out for the rear cluster I fully removed this cover and cleaned it all and sealed it.Amazing the amount of dirt under there:

The wheels were removed,clayed polished then wiped down and coated, same with the calipers:

Onto the paint correction, I took various paint depth measurements and didn't find any nasty spots etc so tried afew combos and settle on a wool pad with menz fg500. Some of the results and 50:50's:

This stage tends to build alot of dust so back outside for a wash down:

Then back inside and dried off, also removed the grille so everything could be properly cleaned:

The paint was then polished using 3m yellow polishing pads and menz Pf2500 to imrpove clarity and remove any little marks left from the compounding and wool stage.

Then another polishing step with 3m blue pads and menz sf4000:

Grille also finished:

Then wiped down with gtechniq panel wipe:

Then onto the the coatings:

Glass was treated with G1:

Washer bottle topped and mixed with sonax clear view:

Interior was hoovered,leather cleaned then coating's applied:

Few other little bits were done,trims,arches and tyres dressed,exhausts cleaned,engine wiped over etc:

Then back into the garage for more:

The detailer also did me a book for christmas :)

I can get on with enjoying it now :)

one word "STUNNING"!!!!!

Very nice, hard to capture 50/50s on silver!

G|Techniq coatings really are the best choice for silver, makes the paint look fantastic.

Well done buddy. I love it after you get a car detailed. It just has that ultra clean untouched feel that even showrooms can rarely replicate.

looking good mate, I might give those coatings a try as I normally apply wax / sealant, good post

I see you're surrey based, who did the detailing for you?

Congratulations on the new car James and it's always nice to start out with it looking so pristine. Looking forward to hearing a bit more once you have had some time with it.

Looks new!

The trouble with detailing is keeping it looking it prestige....I've only once had a car professionally done and it made me very OCD about washing the car!

Looks new!

The trouble with detailing is keeping it looking it prestige....I've only once had a car professionally done and it made me very OCD about washing the car!

Hi Turboman, the main reason for having it detailed makes it easy to look after. The dirt washes off easily and once rinsed there is only 4/5 water spots per panel, so it is absolute doddle to dry with less risk of marking. It takes longer to wash the wheels than the bodywork. Anything for an easy life :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom