My CLS63 Has been Stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might be as simple as the thieves sitting watching the dealership and following the car they like home, the chances of someone in the dealers being responsible is very slim.
That's what my partner said. Maybe the scumbags sit outside the dealership and wait for top-end cars to come and go. Strangely enough the CCTV that 2 of my Neighbours shows a car coming into my road, but then turning right instead of left to my house, and reversing back. To me, that seems like they had followed me up to where I turn off a dual carriageway into my road which eventually leads to the cul de sac. Anyway, as I said I can't go on trying to figure this out. As much as I'd like to, and also find the bastards that took the car, I'm not stressing as its gone and for my own sanity I need to move on.

Louie, you say you have GAP insurance and clearly nobody was hurt during the theft so try to chill and accept what has happened, difficult I know but the only option I'm afraid. Hopefully with the LV pay out and the GAP pay out you can then look for an equally nice AMG to replace the stolen one.

In this day and age I felt the need to add a bit of protection to my house during a recent refurb so had a ram proof front door fitted and now keep all our car keys in faraday pouches as well as putting the AMG in the garage whenever I can. It's a crap world when your pride and joy goes missing but thankfully the scumbags didn't do it when you and your other half were home.

Chin up and look forward to some intensive AMG shopping once the funds clear :thumb:

Sorry to hear the news
That was an impressive car, engine and noise
Hardly a stealth steal though - their faces must have a been a picture though when they started it up and in horror where shouting at each other "shut the bl**dy thing up, someone will notice...!" :)

Either in bits or already in a container to go abroad I would expect
Some docks do scan all containers now (most don't but I know of one export caught at Southampton docks last year, albeit they were looking for it)
Pity, but as said, better you weren't at home and they didn't come in the house.

Tracker, Ghost and /or good ol' Disc Locks are the only real hope these days (seen the yellow disc on a number of RS's now)

Enjoy spending the full value (GAP covered) insurance, even if you don't spend it all or look for something more discreet (and get rid of keyless go)

I didn't know that pressing the button twice deactivates the keyless go, and no never used any sort of bag to protect keys:(
It doesn't on the 204 and I don't think it did on yours. Only works on 205 era models onwards.

Nightmare scenario, really hate hearing about all these keyless thefts.
Seems that keyless theft has now spread to Northern Ireland too, there were reports on a Range Rover being taken recently.
They must be still learning how to work the devices though, because it took them quite a number of minutes to steal it - the rotten b@stards that they are

Mine was an April 2015 facelift model. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't really matter anymore to you sadly, but the double press worked on my 2014 E63, so it's bound to have worked on yours

It's the same manual for that model. CLS 2014+
It's in the interactive owners manual but not everybody reads it.

Deactivating and activating
If you do not intend to use a key for an extended period of time, you can deactivate the KEYLESS-GO function of the key. The key will then use very little power, thereby conserving battery power. For the purposes of activation or deactivation, the vehicle does not have to be nearby.
nav_left.png

To deactivate: press the
mbsymb1_inv_0026.png
button on the key twice in rapid succession.
  • The battery check lamp of the key more flashes twice briefly and lights up once, then KEYLESS-GO is deactivated.
nav_left.png

To activate: press any button on the key.
or
nav_left.png

Insert the key into the ignition lock.

I read it before I bought the car.
Beats trying to learn what everything does on the 200 mile journey home.

Last edited:
Ok, so no one was hurt, no one died, but that's not the point, you work hard for your money, and you have a nice motor, and yours was/is? a lovely car. And some TOTAL @rsehole comes along and helps himself to it, I hope by chance you do get it back undamaged, and as for them i hope they die, and believe me that's not to strong at all.

Another expensive car without any safeguards to stop the car being driven away,£500 well spent would have stopped these scroats stealing it.

Very unlikely IMO, anyone, or any vehicle seen loitering for any length of time would be on at least one and likely numerous CCTV feeds, guys such as these thieves are lazy and dishonest, but not that dumb.

I doubt that any CCTV in the vicinity of the dealership has been checked.

The dealership can't be bothered and nor can the police.

Reactions: 219
Sorry I meant to say £500 well spent,fit ghost and they would not have been able to drive the car away,and as you were out that would have been the end of it along with the cctv

Sorry to read this bad news. Even more sorry we all have to live in such an era of no honour, no honesty, loyalty or trust.

So sorry to hear of your loss, I assume it does not have a tracker?
Have you toured the local car parks? most thieves leave them in a car park for a couple of days to make sure it does not have a tracker fitted

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do or buy next

kc

Sorry I meant to say £500 well spent,fit ghost and they would not have been able to drive the car away,and as you were out that would have been the end of it along with the cctv

I was thinking £5 for two Faraday pouches.

Sorry to read this Louie. We can only hope the scum responsible get caught at some point or meet a sticky end.
Luckily nobody hurt and GAP insurance should see you get a full payout.
Onwards and upwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom