My COMAND NTG 2.5 upgrade journey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kryptoniankkk

Hi all. Let me start my long story from the beginning.

Part 1
I live in South Africa and purchased a 2003 w211 a couple of years ago. I immediately wanted to upgrade the audio system to something with Bluetooth etc. the research I did led me to buying a command NTG 2.5 unit on eBay from some clown in Lithuania. I also purchases cables from Kufatech. So in January 2010 everything arrives and I do the upgrade according to several different instructions on the Internet. Not to difficult, had to route new harness from dash to rear boot, etc, etc. Anyway, big moment comes and time to switch it on. Amazingly enough it works! So I play with it a bit to see everything works. I put in a DVD and my trouble starts. The DVD gets stuck and I am left with a constant clicking sound. I contact the seller, he reckons I should ship the unit back to him. While am taking the unit out I decide to try a few things, accessing engineering mode, reset etc. Suddenly the Antitheft mode kicks in. Not to worry i inform the seller and reckons he will sort this as well. Anyway I pack up the unit and FedEx it to the sellers address in Lithuania, this costs me almost £150. Anyway about 6-8weeks later the unit is returned undeliverable! I try and contact seller, Email address no longer valid etc etc. I decide to cut my losses and pack the brick away on a shelf.

Part2
So it's 2012 and I decide it's time to see if I can kick some life into the "brick". The most important thing to fix is the antitheft so I do some more Internet research and figure out that the only way to sort this is to get someone with MBStar to code the unit for me. Go to the MB dealer and it's a no. Been to several workshops no one could help. Anyway I now have my own Mb star system version 07/12. With C4 multiplexer with developer mode etc etc. the cost of which I would rather not discuss. System works fine, have accessed the car done some tweaks but I can't get access to the command unit. Tried everything but still no luck. Can someone give me step by step instructions for fixing the Antitheft or just how to access the command unit in Star. I have been told you need to trick the system into thinking its a newer car or something.

Any help will be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom