My commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
Driving to the office this morning. Crisp blue skies with a few wispy clouds. Sun just peeking over the top of the Cotswolds escarpment. Frosted fields to right and left, stretching to the hills on one side and the mist covered Severn on the other. Car nicely warmed and creamy smooth. One of those mornings to put a smile on your face.

Driving my two teenage daughters to school this morning. Blue skies, wispy clouds, massive traffic jams, last minute brakers cutting into mile long queues, Chris Evans on the radio, talking about Chris Evans before he talked some more about Chris Evans then Chris Evans talking about his family before Chris Evans discussed Chris Evans.

Driving 35 miles to work on a crisp, bright sunny morning full of the joys of an impending Spring. Bliss! Driving home in the dark to hear that a gas main has been ruptured on my route. Durham City traffic at a standstill and East Coast Main Line trains cancelled. Major diversions and queues but got home eventually. Nightmare journey but bliss to arrive!

My commute this morning was about 6 feet from the bed to the drivers seat :p

You park too close to your bed...

I deliberately made my commute 2 hours longer than it need be.

Out of bed, get dressed, wake the dog up.
5 mile walk, bacon roll in beach cafe and back through the woods.
Shower and into home office for the start of the working day.

I won't be reversing the commute at the end of the working day as I'm a bit knackered now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Set off in blue sky and bright sun to commute to mates garage 50 miles away to service daily. Get 10 miles before M6 grinds to standstill for 30 minutes- finally pass Police car and Ambulance on hard shoulder - both personnel standing about with hands in pockets looking lost - resist temptation to stop and ask whether they were aware what havoc they were causing. M65 and get cut up by 2 Audi drivers who were clearly on a Kamikaze run - gave usual friendly greeting. Off M65 and over the hills where the fog was so thick you couldn't see over the precipice. Dozy bimbo in Golf in front clearly thought her multi tasking abilities included seeing and being seen in dense fog without any lights. Numerous flashing of lights elicited no response . Finally got to mates unscathed where we hissed about for several hours taking michael out of hanger on twenty something" car dealer " trying in vain to change the front sidelight bulb in Subaru. A great day!

My commute on Thursday mornings starts at 6.50am so it's still dark but at least at that time there are no real hold ups. 10miles to my sons house where we take charge of my 20 month old granddaughter for the day. She's an angel and more than makes up for the lack of sunshine and blue sky's on the way. She also makes ....Brum....Brum noises when we drive her to playgroup What more could you want.

I walk to work.
It takes six minutes.
So I walk home at dinner time for a cup of tea and some tiffin.

It's lovely at this time of year. I especially like to see Venus and the moon, listen to the birds, and catch the occasional sight of a fox or muntjac.

I walk to work.
It takes six minutes.
So I walk home at dinner time for a cup of tea and some tiffin.

It's lovely at this time of year. I especially like to see Venus and the moon, listen to the birds, and catch the occasional sight of a fox or muntjac.

Nights eh?

Chris Evans on the radio, talking about Chris Evans before he talked some more about Chris Evans then Chris Evans talking about his family before Chris Evans discussed Chris Evans.

You strike me as a very intelligent man Bruce. Surely you've worked out now how easy it is to tune into a different station. :dk:

Many Chris Evans posts from you now. Why are you exposing yourself to him if he annoys you so much?

Ant. :D

Driving to the office this morning. Crisp blue skies with a few wispy clouds. Sun just peeking over the top of the Cotswolds escarpment. Frosted fields to right and left, stretching to the hills on one side and the mist covered Severn on the other. Car nicely warmed and creamy smooth. One of those mornings to put a smile on your face.

Fantastic post. Really cheered me up. A nice change from the moaning on here. :thumb:

Ant. :D

Happytalk73 said:
You strike me as a very intelligent man Bruce. Surely you've worked out now how easy it is to tune into a different station. :dk: Many Chris Evans posts from you now. Why are you exposing yourself to him if he annoys you so much? Ant. :D

I have a wife and two teenage daughters in the car. Try changing stations? No.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I have a wife and two teenage daughters in the car. Try changing stations? No.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Bruce. That just made me belly laugh. I can just imagine the look on your face as you drive getting angrier by the mile. :devil:

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commute took a bit longer today. Bedroom to study in 2 minutes instead of the usual 1 minute due to congestion on the stairs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom